Home

New Madden Info

This is a discussion on New Madden Info within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2007, 11:04 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: New Madden Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Because every year EA puts something like this in a game it ends being way too unbalanced.
Fixed.

I remember in NBA Live when they added that hop step, they even admitted the next year that they purposly made it overpowering. Something to do with people not being afraid to use it. Eh.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #34
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Most of them seem ok, but this is starting to look a little too arcadey for my tastes. At first I was excited about the "weapons" feature, now I'm hoping it can all be turned off; that way the attributes can determine how much of a "weapon" each player is, instead of these "power-ups".
The weapons icons is just a flashy visual icon. All of the weapons are ratings based thats why the devs added over 20 new attributes over the last two years to help players stand out more.

Calling them weapons is just a way for them to market the idea and a way for causal fans not to get lost if you don't like having the icons on the field you can turn them off.

Every weapon has a counter weapon but that doesn't mean you will have someone on your team to stop it. Its not paper, rock, siccors, its my rock is bigger than our siccors, and your papper is bigger than my rock.

All the LB'S in that are brick wall defenders don't have the same attributes. A.J. Hawk is a brick wall defender and so is R.Lewis but Rays tackle and hit power rating will be higher than Hawks. Same thing with the shutdown CB's C.Bailey and C-Mac are both shutdown CB's but I Champs man and press ratings will be maxed out most likely.

I hope its balanced and I will test this out as much as I can at communtiy day.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:54 AM   #35
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Only thing I don't like about the weapons so far is how EA is catering to the casual football fan. Now that they've had the license for awhile I was hoping they'd go a little more hardcore and stop holding the casual fans hands with the game play and NFL identities. Not saying that you shouldn't be able to play Madden if you don't follow the NFL, I don't know I just don't like how they seem like they're trying to adjust to people who don't follow football.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #36
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Only thing I don't like about the weapons so far is how EA is catering to the casual football fan. Now that they've had the license for awhile I was hoping they'd go a little more hardcore and stop holding the casual fans hands with the game play and NFL identities. Not saying that you shouldn't be able to play Madden if you don't follow the NFL, I don't know I just don't like how they seem like they're trying to adjust to people who don't follow football.
I don't think weapons are solely for the casual fan. I'm a die hard football fan and I love the weapons idea because it adds strategy to the game. It also means that EA is serious about differentiating players, which IMO has been a big issue with past madden games.

If I'm finally afraid to throw at Champ Bailey
if Payton Manning picks apart defenses
if Roy Williams hits like a truck
if Torry Holt toasts cb's one on one
if Randy Moss can't take a hit over the middle

then EA has done the right thing with weapons.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #37
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I don't think weapons are solely for the casual fan. I'm a die hard football fan and I love the weapons idea because it adds strategy to the game. It also means that EA is serious about differentiating players, which IMO has been a big issue with past madden games.

If I'm finally afraid to throw at Champ Bailey
if Payton Manning picks apart defenses
if Roy Williams hits like a truck
if Torry Holt toasts cb's one on one
if Randy Moss can't take a hit over the middle

then EA has done the right thing with weapons.
Nah I think the weapons are a great idea, Im talking about the way they are presented. The way they can pop up on the screen before everyplay. I'd like it better if they had it in a slick presentation like how they show the starting lineups during the game in real life and then flashed the icon next to the player's pic or something in that matter.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #38
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Ditto brother (if it works) this will be the most hardcore addition they have ever added. If it works it should turn the game into a chess match like you said will we finally be afraid of throwing at C.Bailey I sure hope so. Will the ravens defense actaully play differently than the other defenses in the game?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:35 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Ditto brother (if it works) this will be the most hardcore addition they have ever added. If it works it should turn the game into a chess match like you said will we finally be afraid of throwing at C.Bailey I sure hope so. Will the ravens defense actaully play differently than the other defenses in the game?
lets hope so, i think madden can do a much better job at playing to the ratings of the teams and players. I want to be shut down by the ravens defense and taken apart by the colts offense.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 06-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #40
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Nah I think the weapons are a great idea, Im talking about the way they are presented. The way they can pop up on the screen before everyplay. I'd like it better if they had it in a slick presentation like how they show the starting lineups during the game in real life and then flashed the icon next to the player's pic or something in that matter.
It's no different than looking at play art before a play. Plus I think the presentation looks good. I can commit more of my time to strategizing instead of memorization.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »