Home

New Madden Info

This is a discussion on New Madden Info within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2007, 12:48 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: New Madden Info

I don't know, I heard that you can turn the icons off. If this is true than everything would be fine. You would just have to know who has what.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #42
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
It's no different than looking at play art before a play. Plus I think the presentation looks good. I can commit more of my time to strategizing instead of memorization.
Well I'd be cool if it was like play art if it came up when you pressed a button, but from what I've seen its there regardless. Also the icons are under the players during the play as well. As long as we can turn them off I'm cool.

Im glad Madden some individuality to the players. It was needed in football games period. I hope it does resort to a more chess match style gameplay.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I don't think weapons are solely for the casual fan. I'm a die hard football fan and I love the weapons idea because it adds strategy to the game. It also means that EA is serious about differentiating players, which IMO has been a big issue with past madden games.

If I'm finally afraid to throw at Champ Bailey
if Payton Manning picks apart defenses
if Roy Williams hits like a truck
if Torry Holt toasts cb's one on one
if Randy Moss can't take a hit over the middle

then EA has done the right thing with weapons.
Yeah but if you were a die hard football fan that stuff was already there you could just look at the attributes and tell what they were good at all this seems to be is a pretty little picture telling you what you already knew last year. But they are marketing this as if it is something that will change the way football is played so to me this is a useless feature I mean i already knew randy moss had a high catch and a high speed rating why do I need to buy a 60 dollar version of madden just to have a pretty little icon tell me that
Old 06-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #44
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
i already knew randy moss had a high catch and a high speed rating why do I need to buy a 60 dollar version of madden just to have a pretty little icon tell me that
True but this year the WR's are getting a major overhaul. Now you have a route running rating, spectacular catch rating, catch in traffic rating, and a release rating. Thats why they have the pretty little icons some people who play the game are causal fans and don't know who all the players are so they need a little help. Then you may have some hardcore guys who aren't sure who on the raiders defense they should be aware off. Last but not least most of the guys who post on internet forums are hardcore football fans and those guys can turn the icons off if need be.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
True but this year the WR's are getting a major overhaul. Now you have a route running rating, spectacular catch rating, catch in traffic rating, and a release rating. Thats why they have the pretty little icons some people who play the game are causal fans and don't know who all the players are so they need a little help. Then you may have some hardcore guys who aren't sure who on the raiders defense they should be aware off. Last but not least most of the guys who post on internet forums are hardcore football fans and those guys can turn the icons off if need be.
true I knew that they were overhauling the WR's this year and that is the second most thing I am exited for behind the blocking and I just hope it turns out to be great but I just think they are saying this weapon thing is like the biggest addition since franchise mode and a lot of people on this forum are saying the same thing and I just want to let people know that this isn't that big of a deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #46
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Yea as long as we can turn them off I'm cool. I don't wanna say the visual feature seems arcadey but i don't know, I just don't like the way its presented. i love how they show it off during the intros tho.

If EA did something like an actual telecast and showed each players picture say before the 1st play of each teams drive and had the icon next to the names then it'd be great for me, but then you have to consider the button mashers(another crowd EA loves). Also if it just popped up with play art or with the receiver icons it'd be great for me.

Either way Madden looks real kool this year.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-26-2007, 01:10 PM   #47
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
true I knew that they were overhauling the WR's this year and that is the second most thing I am exited for behind the blocking and I just hope it turns out to be great but I just think they are saying this weapon thing is like the biggest addition since franchise mode and a lot of people on this forum are saying the same thing and I just want to let people know that this isn't that big of a deal.
If it works it should be the biggest addition since franchise mode again if it works right. I'm sick and tired of playing fooball games where the only ratings that matter are speed and jumping ability.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:59 PM   #48
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

The way I see it is that as a hardcore football gamer, I'd rather get to the games than pour over the ratings. As it stands, yes, most people will already know who the greats are within the game, but consider playing a 30-season franchise where you only really know who your players are on that team. EA Sports has lacked in the scouting and presentation department over the years for Madden, especially considering that their MVP 2005 title had a scouting report for every player in the game, and their NBA Live series has a scouting report for your next opponent.

All these icons act as are little scouting tools that will especially come in handy the furthur you get into your franchise.

Besides, one of the producers talked about how they will be utilizing a bell curve tool to help balance out the ratings, thus why I believe that once a player dips below a certain point in their ratings, they will begin to lose their status as a weapon ... or once a player jumps to that point in the bell curve, they will gain status as a weapon.

For those of you that do not know how the bell curve works, what happens is that the game actually places each player for each position on the bell curve and assigns them progression points that are determined by several factors, such as age and how well they are performing amongst their positional peers. Age will likely play a role in their physical attributes such as speed, agility, etc. whereas their awareness may not decline as much over time. At least lets hope not.

By the way, a player that sits in the 98 percentile on the bell curve does not necessarily mean they will be ranked the highest the next season but it does mean they will likely receive a huge boost in their ratings. Over time, if he consistently plays at that level, he will likely be considered a superstar, icon, whatever.

Any player that is placed ahead of the mean on the bell curve will likely receive rating boosts, whereas if you fall behind the mean, you will likely receive a ratings drop.

Hopefully if Fatigue has all of its kinks worked out this season, then the more you utilize the weapons (namely truck stick, bulldozer, brick wall, hit stick), the more that player will wear down. I'm hoping that EA Sports has kept it balanced out that way so that you won't be playing your opponent and Larry Johnson just keeps trucking you without ever slowing down over the course of the game, or hopefully even the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »