Home

So your telling me...

This is a discussion on So your telling me... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2007, 08:32 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: So your telling me...

I don't really care about the 1 camera angle as it seemed to play just fine last season. At least the camera angle they choose isn't unplayable at all. I just dont understand what other angle u would want? Higher? closer? certainly not a broadcast cam, so what?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 21

I'm glad to see that the lack of camera choices is bothering someone other than me. There really is no excuse considering this is year 3 of development. C'mon EA/Tiburon!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:22 PM   #11
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
I don't really care about the 1 camera angle as it seemed to play just fine last season. At least the camera angle they choose isn't unplayable at all. I just dont understand what other angle u would want? Higher? closer? certainly not a broadcast cam, so what?
A broadcast cam like the sideline angle you see while watching a game on television would be nice.

Yea, it's hard to see the holes as a running back or the coverage on your receivers, but if I want that challenge then they shouldn't stop me from wanting it.

instead, they should find ways to make that angle work. Remember when old Maddens had little windows on the top of the screen to show your receivers and their coverage? EA should try bringing that back as an option.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2007, 10:37 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginCajun
I thought an IGN article said there were multiple camera angles?

"At this latest event EA was stressing nothing but gameplay. Editors were commanded to just sit and play, and I was eager to obey. I got a solid hour-or-so in, just enough time to play two full-length games with my hometown Jacksonville Jaguars. Aside from the requisite new camera angles and presentation elements, the game just feels much more like pro football than it ever has on next-gen consoles."

But maybe he just meant replay camera angles. Hope not though
Why would he point out cutscene camera angles?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #13
stewaat

OVR:

I really want to see the sidelines in my view at all times. Blind screen passes are crazy.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:59 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 6

yeah the blind screen passes are a tv format thing arn't they. Widescrren will aloow u to see the whole field ??? Anyone confirm this, I have a WS TV but havent played Madden in awhile
Old 06-28-2007, 02:20 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 11

Nah man .. sadly no matter what tv you have, you aren't going to see anything when you are doing screens and such
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2007, 02:26 AM   #16
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeePride_YP
A broadcast cam like the sideline angle you see while watching a game on television would be nice.

instead, they should find ways to make that angle work. Remember when old Maddens had little windows on the top of the screen to show your receivers and their coverage? EA should try bringing that back as an option.

Thats actually not a bad idea

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »