Home

The diferrence between 60 FPS and 24 FPS

This is a discussion on The diferrence between 60 FPS and 24 FPS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #17
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: The diferrence between 60 FPS and 24 FPS

Can you show this to EA?

They obviously need a lesson

this if it holds marginally true to the final product of the ps3 vers football games is horrible
Old 07-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
Can you show this to EA?

They obviously need a lesson
This isn't just EA considering that APF2K8 on the PS3 won't run at 60FPS either. Sounds like a Sony/PS3 issue more than anything. One which I'm sure will be fine next year.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLisFUN
Actually yes it does, well depending on which system, PS3 only 30 FPS, 360 60 FPS
Actually, the PS3 version also played at 60 fps. As a matter of fact, 2K Sports stressed that on numerous occasions when they were marketing that version.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:46 AM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
This isn't just EA considering that APF2K8 on the PS3 won't run at 60FPS either. Sounds like a Sony/PS3 issue more than anything. One which I'm sure will be fine next year.
I would imagine its fixed next year. Sony has been slow to give out the dev kits that allow developers to tap into the full potential of the PS3.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-02-2007, 11:41 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 26

For all those saying the PS3 can't do 60FPS, go play the show. The only tangible thing is time, dev. has more time with the 360. A rock solid 30fps will still be very good, Resistance has so much physics and other crap going on at one time, much more than any of these football games and it runs at a solid 30FPS. Most of the people complain wouldn't even know the difference unless they were told. Its all about the frame rate being rock solid. Yes 60 is better, but to act as if 30 is some kind of game killer is ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2007, 12:12 PM   #22
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
For all those saying the PS3 can't do 60FPS, go play the show. The only tangible thing is time, dev. has more time with the 360. A rock solid 30fps will still be very good, Resistance has so much physics and other crap going on at one time, much more than any of these football games and it runs at a solid 30FPS. Most of the people complain wouldn't even know the difference unless they were told. Its all about the frame rate being rock solid. Yes 60 is better, but to act as if 30 is some kind of game killer is ridiculous.
For some reason in fps and other games it's harder to tell but with sports games I can easily tell if something is running at 30 frames and it sucks playing a sports game that's not 60 fps.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 07-02-2007, 12:14 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
There is a major flaw in your argument when trying to bring Resistance into the fray. The reason why football games are SOOO taxing is because not only do you have to render full open stadiums with dynamic lighting and city scapes, and throw in crowds... you also have to run full physics simulations on 22 models that are all in constant interaction with each other from the moment the ball is snapped. In Resistance you just dont have the same level of simultaneous physical interation to the level that you do on any given play of football game.

Then when you throw in 60fps you're really starting to push the system requirements. I'm not saying that the ps3 can't do it... because it will eventally get there. I'm just saying that it is totally wrong to even throw Resistance in this conversation.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Resistance isn't a physics monster and not a very technically impressive game.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:32 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
For all those saying the PS3 can't do 60FPS, go play the show.
I don't think anyone stated that? Of course the PS3 can do 60FPS...that's just common sense. However, the 3 football games released this year will not be in 60FPS on the PS3. Most likely due to dev times and the PS3 releasing much later than the 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »