Home

The diferrence between 60 FPS and 24 FPS

This is a discussion on The diferrence between 60 FPS and 24 FPS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: The diferrence between 60 FPS and 24 FPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
The PS3 version of Madden 07 was better than the 360 version. I'm not worried.
You do realize that had nothing to do with it being on the PS3 and everything to do with the fact that it was released 3 months later, right?
Old 07-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #34
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
You do realize that had nothing to do with it being on the PS3 and everything to do with the fact that it was released 3 months later, right?
Yeah I do. I actually have all three of the next gen systems. That being said, I'm not worried. The controls on the 360 version of Madden have felt floaty for the last two years. The game felt better on the PS3. Cry fanboy all you want. I'm just stating my observations from last year.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 8

before i say anything... i want to stress that i love my 360..power brick issues and all.. I read comparison after comparison and this holds true...

as stated many times in the past.. the 360 is easier to develop for and will win the console battle in the beginning, but the PS3 is a more powerful machine and will win overall.

The 360 was made from variations and upgrades of more current computer system and PC parts, whereas the ps3 was made with an entirely new architecture and components which.. by pure definition will be harder to dev for in the beginning. This is the prime reason for the cost / dev difference in the short term.

look at the PS2/XBOX/.. compare games from first gen to current.. amazing..

I have both and love them both, but we will probably see another MS console before the PS4, because MS took what was current and built it up, and sony went and made everything brand new.

and dont forget the delay sony had in dev kits and bringing the console to market.. and the hellacious 599.99 price!!

had buyers remorse for approx 37.3 seconds.. until i played my first game on it and my HDMI HDTV!! aaaww yeah!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2007, 03:32 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 17

One indirect thing to worry about with the 360 is how many cores it will be using. Last year NCAA caused a few 360s to fail because it was using more of the cores for the engine.

I worry that taxing the 360 anymore will cause more 360 failures. I know my 360 last year crashed due to NCAA. That's why I'm going to get the PS3 versions.

Hey it might run at 60 but with the 360 being prone to failure rates, I think we'll see a bunch of 360 get the ring of death due to the system getting maxed out.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:33 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Yeah I do. I actually have all three of the next gen systems. That being said, I'm not worried. The controls on the 360 version of Madden have felt floaty for the last two years. The game felt better on the PS3. Cry fanboy all you want. I'm just stating my observations from last year.
Felt floaty? Hmm I have no idea what you are talking about. Anyways what does last year have to do with the game have 30 less fps this year.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:33 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
People, the gif in the OP is bogus. Not trying to be an *** or anything but it is NOT 60fps vs 24fps. Again, you can't have two different frame rates in one animated GIF file - the apparent 24fps example is actually a totally inaccurate representation as it's running at the exact same frame rate as the top "60fps" example, but to simulate 24fps it simply doesn't move every 2nd frame while the "60fps" does move. This is not accurate, because even an animation frame that has no difference to the animation frame before it is still a frame, so therefore it is the exact same frame rate as the example above it, just with pauses. Putting sudden pauses in a 120fps animation would make it look bad let alone what appears to be a ~30fps gif.

If you wanted a true comparison, you'd have to create two entirely separate GIF files.

People--you may want to listen (or maybe not). NZA knows of which he speaks.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #39
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
People, the gif in the OP is bogus. Not trying to be an *** or anything but it is NOT 60fps vs 24fps. Again, you can't have two different frame rates in one animated GIF file - the apparent 24fps example is actually a totally inaccurate representation as it's running at the exact same frame rate as the top "60fps" example, but to simulate 24fps it simply doesn't move every 2nd frame while the "60fps" does move. This is not accurate, because even an animation frame that has no difference to the animation frame before it is still a frame, so therefore it is the exact same frame rate as the example above it, just with pauses. Putting sudden pauses in a 120fps animation would make it look bad let alone what appears to be a ~30fps gif.

If you wanted a true comparison, you'd have to create two entirely separate GIF files.
I'm not a really an expert on frame rates so I don't want to argue and look like an idiot, but the video I made this gif from recorded the sphere @ 60 FPS and then again at 24 and compared them top to bottom. I assume you imported the gif into a gif animator to see the frames and time delay, but even if it was 100 frames, 24 frames, or 60 frames, both marbles will still move at the same speed. (as they are in the gif/video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #40
MVP

dubplate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
One indirect thing to worry about with the 360 is how many cores it will be using. Last year NCAA caused a few 360s to fail because it was using more of the cores for the engine.

I worry that taxing the 360 anymore will cause more 360 failures. I know my 360 last year crashed due to NCAA. That's why I'm going to get the PS3 versions.

Hey it might run at 60 but with the 360 being prone to failure rates, I think we'll see a bunch of 360 get the ring of death due to the system getting maxed out.
My 360 died two weeks ago and it was the first time since I've been gaming (started on the 2600) that I've had a system die.

Has anyone seen this article?

http://digg.com/xbox_360/Microsoft_s...h_Faulty_360_s

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »