Home

Interesting article about xbox 360 vs PS3 from a game developer for both consoles

This is a discussion on Interesting article about xbox 360 vs PS3 from a game developer for both consoles within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Interesting article about xbox 360 vs PS3 from a game developer for both consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk76
I'm on my third 360. I bought my first one on launch day and it died within 2 weeks. MS replaced it for free in about four days. That one ran just fine for more than a year until one day the red lights of death suddenly popped up. Took it back to Best Buy where it was replaced for free under the extended warranty I had bought. I then bought a new extended warranty for $50.

I love the 360 and even worst case scenario it costs me only $50 to replace one. Just make sure to purchase the extended warranty.
finally, a voice of reason

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #42
SXL
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Interesting article about xbox 360 vs PS3 from a game developer for both consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFootBall1977
hmmmm let's see... a japanesse developer defending sony......
only thing is, last gen team ninja from tecmo only developed for the xbox. Did this guy defnding MS sa what company he works for. Honestly i cant see why people cant let people choose what system they wanna play. i dont care about all the specs and the blah blah blah, just give me a reliable device that does what i want. I have both and im happy with both. I had the red ring thing happen to my xbox, i stopped playing it for a while, then i retired it one day and its been fine since. Both have advantages and disadvantages, but hey im an old guy who likes sports and as long as i can do that on my consoles, thats all i really care about.

P.S. What does this have to do with madden??

NOT FEELIN ME/ FINE/ COST YOU NOTHIN/ PAY ME NO MIND.

JAY Z
Old 07-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

He forgot to mention the last article that came out a couple of days ago about how 1 of every 3 xbox 360's gets funked up !!! . microsoft has extended the warranty of the 360 to 3 years it will cost microsoft a billion dollars .

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_...00010000000001

i've been lucky i bought mine at launch and i have not had a problem.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #44
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitokiri
He forgot to mention the last article that came out a couple of days ago about how 1 of every 3 xbox 360's gets funked up !!! . microsoft has extended the warranty of the 360 to 3 years it will cost microsoft a billion dollars .

Now that's an interesting article. The 360's crapping out is a MAJOR problem. When my launch 360 died after six months, the spin was that these were isolated incidents. After about a year and a half, these problems are obviously more widespread than previously reported.

Are the 3 year extensions for ALL XBOX 360's? I'm on my second one and didn't re-up my warranty. I figured if my second 360 died, I wouldn't buy another one for a while (if ever), and perhaps pick up a PS3.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #45
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitokiri

I actuallly called Microsoft twice last week regarding the same issue. I'm glad they did this because I was going to dish out the money to fix my system and then sell it because they had me so pissed off. Now I can get it fixed and enjoy Halo 3. It's a shame that they needed to do this but it's big of them to admit that they screwed up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #46
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Now that's an interesting article. The 360's crapping out is a MAJOR problem. When my launch 360 died after six months, the spin was that these were isolated incidents. After about a year and a half, these problems are obviously more widespread than previously reported.

Are the 3 year extensions for ALL XBOX 360's? I'm on my second one and didn't re-up my warranty. I figured if my second 360 died, I wouldn't buy another one for a while (if ever), and perhaps pick up a PS3.
I'm pretty sure it's all of them. Check Xbox.com though
Old 07-07-2007, 02:52 AM   #47
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

And this has what to do with Madden? Locked b/c of the aforementioned reason as well as I think there was a discussion on this article or a million others like this in the console forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »