Home

Madden 08 Stage Demo on Gamespot!

This is a discussion on Madden 08 Stage Demo on Gamespot! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2007, 07:32 AM   #9
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Madden 08 Stage Demo on Gamespot!

Do me a favor guys:

Turn your volume way up and see if you can hear the radio announcer... he sounds... different. Is it just me or is there just way more commentary chatter than before? Again, I could be completely wrong, as it's hard to hear, and I'm not trying to jump to any conclusions, but seriously, it sounds different...

Old 07-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 21

The CPU-Peyton Manning doing the various audibles was really cool imo. Didn't see much in terms of the branching animations/tackling that was noticeable

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
They really need to fix the issue with the QB pocket next year. To have Dwight Freeney not being able to get up the field and also ending up on his back after too many pass plays is just silly IMO.

Brady was able to slide outside of the backfield at will, just like in years past also. I'm still getting the game (mainly because of NFL) but, the ongoing issues with the QB pocket makes it too obvious that you are playing "Madden" and not a football simulation.
I took notice to all of the D-Linemen ending up on the back as well. I thought the blocking animations were one of the things they were focusing on this year?? Otherwise, I thought the game looked okay but probably not good enough to buy. I'm still on the fence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quick likes and dislikes from the gameplay footage

Like: The audibles and shifting done by the computer controlled Colts.

Dislike: Whomever is controlling the Pats. Tom Brady rolling right everytime and easily breaking contain and running way too fast. It seems toned down on NCAA but, as bad as last year on Madden(at least in this video).

Like: The animations are really well done. Moss' catch over the defender on the sideline was beautiful.

Dislike: Moss is still too big. Looks like a TE. (Otherwise player models look good).

Like: Radio guy does seem to be far more chatty and maybe a tad bit louder.

Dislike: It's still the Radio guy.

Like: That does look like Peyton's throwing motion.

Like: The fact that you can go into mini-games and learn weapon specific things like elusive backs moves, etc.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:21 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 11

more of the same every year...hype hype hype....same game. I think im finally at a point where i might go a year without madden... or football in general.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

The worst part is the QB scrambling and unrealistic DE play this does suck I was thinking the editors weren't hyping because of some fat check from EA but after seeing this we can now safely say EA is in the pockets of alot of game sites.

Im so sick of having teams run for first downs with Tom Brady I mean really how often do you see that.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
more of the same every year...hype hype hype....same game. I think im finally at a point where i might go a year without madden... or football in general.
Well you know there is 2k8. They are a so-called "sim" football game. Cuz you know Madden isn't a sim football game because D Freeny gets knocked on his back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2007, 12:37 PM   #16
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

On the one-handed reception by Moss, the defending LB just "slides" out of his way. He doesn't attempt to defend the pass, although he can't see it, nor hit Moss to jar the ball loose. I'm still given Madden a rental, but it doesn't look like the epic title gaming sites (IGN) were making it out to be.

Also, the developer taking "shots" at APF 2K8, by mentioning the inclusion of HOF'ers and fantasy teams online, isn't any different than the 2K developer saying during their demo that they're the "originators of multiple player tackles" and such. These two companies obviously don't like each other, but their is no need for use gamers to get involved. Instead, enjoy what you like and don't sweat then next man/woman.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »