Home

Gametrailers Monday Night Part 2 is up...

This is a discussion on Gametrailers Monday Night Part 2 is up... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2007, 05:24 PM   #33
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Gametrailers Monday Night Part 2 is up...

Wow, pretty impressive video. Can't wait for Madden this year, looks like I'll be playing it more than I have the past 2 years.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:39 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
Challenges online!!!!!! THANK YOU EA!!!!
WHAT!?!!? Finally...
Old 07-24-2007, 05:51 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I have to admit, seeing Ben Troupe celebrate with the Gator chomp was pretty damn cool!

Yea back when Madden 08 was first announced Ian cummings stated that certain players will do their college teams trademark celebration... he mentioned players from Miami will do the U sign and Gator chomp and FSU Chop

so expect other players to do this as well... Nice touch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 06:07 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFootBall1977
Yea back when Madden 08 was first announced Ian cummings stated that certain players will do their college teams trademark celebration... he mentioned players from Miami will do the U sign and Gator chomp and FSU Chop

so expect other players to do this as well... Nice touch
Noiiice, i better see Dwayne Jarrett, and Reggie Bush do their SC thang.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #37
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
Sadly the NFL Liscense pretty much seals my purchase of this game. I just got to have a NFL game to play unfortunately.

With that being said if NCAA08 (which I have already stop playing) and these vids are any indication, EA has alot of work to do to match the gameplay of the competition.

The o-line play in these vids on pass plays are down right silly looking. No pocket what so ever. And the atmosphere is beyond bland. I do believe the game will be much better than 07 but, It still just 'looks' like it's just more of the same Madden. Just with 60fps.

Nothing from a strategy standpoint has given me the 'feel' of football schemes when playing this game the last couple of years. The gameplay engine these guys are using is broken in so many ways, and I was really surprised when they carried it over to the new consoles.

They will get their #'s because alot of people like myself need their NFL fix but, that does not mean this series is progressing the way it should be by any means.
Yep, kinda in the same boat here. Two weeks ago, I was psyched for this game and thought the vids looked sweet. Now, I see so much of the same old stuff. I will likely get it because it looks improved enough to be playable.

edubbs, I can't agree more when you said the engine is broken in so many ways and you were surprised to see them carry it over. I was too.

By the way, I was watching some vids and in one they were talking about how they were implementing a full franchise, where you could even relocate and everything, and full customization of a player's appearance. I'm sorry, but these options were available in Madden 2004.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:18 PM   #38
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

edubbs you stopped playin ncaa already????!??! why is that... i am absolutely in LOVE with ncaa and i know if madden is anything like ncaa which it usually is but better and tighter then i'll be a VERY happy man come august 14th..
Old 07-24-2007, 08:48 PM   #39
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
By the way, I was watching some vids and in one they were talking about how they were implementing a full franchise, where you could even relocate and everything, and full customization of a player's appearance. I'm sorry, but these options were available in Madden 2004.
So whats the problem, would you rather have these features or not?
Hey i want APF to bring back all there old features like the crib and halftime movie highlights online ect.....
Old 07-24-2007, 09:12 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Brady can't complete a bomb like that. In real life it would have been intercepted.
Apparently you haven't had the opportunity to watch Brady play in the last four years. That was the knock on him when he broke into the league. He's not Carson Palmer but I remember a bomb he threw against the Seahawks to Bethel Johnson two years ago that sealed a game.

I haven't bought APF but I'm a little bit shocked that this video has already gotten the aw gee shucks EA will always be EA crew stirred. I didn't see much of anything that would be cause for concern and the stadium editor made my jaw drop.

I've been playing NCAA and I've been having trouble with it because I'm not used to the 360 controls but Madden has me juiced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »