Home

Monday Night Madden Part 3

This is a discussion on Monday Night Madden Part 3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2007, 02:46 PM   #49
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: Monday Night Madden Part 3

Wow, looks very very good and improved! That SF / Rams clip with mid-air collision was hilarious. Also the gang tackling looks really nice and it's nice how EA is showing this stuff off this year even though this game will sell like hotcakes if they didn't.

[claps]
Old 07-31-2007, 02:53 PM   #50
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I seriously can't see how some of you don't recognize the improvements in this game.

The pocket that formed around Manning and how he stayed there and completed a pass in good timing was very nice.
Your glass is definitely half full. That's good. Most of us notice the 95% of pass plays where the pocket doesn't form.

I'll have to take another look at the Manning play you're referring to. Did the DEs actually get up the field to form the pocket? Normally, they just give themselves up and engage with the OTs.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:57 PM   #51
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Oh oh, you need to explain to jr here what a "twitch fest" is. See, to me, a sim head is someone who can enjoy the game as close to nfl stats as possible. I've done that for several yrs with Madden on PC on coach mode.(with several others mind you)

So, in other words, to this old goat, if I (we) can get Madden close to NFL stats, Madden is sim like to this sim head.
I think someone already explained what a twitch fest was... the lack of momentum. Notice how players change directions while sprinting, and without planting a foot.

And I think most of us sim gamers want the game to play like the NFL, as well as have the stats come out realistically. Twitch fest is anti-sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 03:06 PM   #52
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
I wish the line play was a lot better, nothing but pancakes seem to happen, I guess thats the reason for the pockets never really forming.
In addition to DEs not being able to get up the field. The AI has them give themselves up and engage with the OT. Getting to the QB seems to be an afterthought. It sticks out when a QB drops back too far. Instead of taking the angle that the deep drop creates, the DE plays with the OT at the LOS.

Speed rushes don't exist. Contain AI doesn't exist unless you audible to it(if it's similar to NCAA). And there's no mobility in engaged blocks. Once engaged, players are stuck in that spot.

Hopefully, EA re-works the DE AI and overall blocking interaction next year.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:23 PM   #53
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
last year i really felt bamboozled and the year prior to that i felt i was being laughed at.

this year i have no clue what EA thinks of me...

but come that midnight release day and after i get home from the drive i'll know once i pop in the game UNLESS theres a demo beforehand...
I've been seeing rumors that there will be a demo next Tuesday...I'll probably start hunting for an early release next week too...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:44 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Your glass is definitely half full. That's good. Most of us notice the 95% of pass plays where the pocket doesn't form.
I think you're a little bit to the left of target on this one. I believe he was commenting on improvements to the game and not necessarily saying that it was perfect

I agree there's some work that needs to be done but even the stoutest cynic would almost have to agree (unless you will never like any version of Madden) that there are marked and noticeable improvements over past versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »