Home

can we hold the dev's responsible if we don't like it?

This is a discussion on can we hold the dev's responsible if we don't like it? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #9
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: can we hold the dev's responsible if we don't like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-Phenom
Darn liberals!
No politics, even if it is ribbing, this goes for everyone ( including coogrfan)

carry on...
Old 08-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #10
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Ok.

I think you can hold the devs responsible only if you feel you've been misled. If the game is pretty much as it's been described in the blogs, but you don't care for it, that's really not their fault, is it?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Ok.

I think you can hold the devs responsible only if you feel you've been misled. If the game is pretty much as it's been described in the blogs, but you don't care for it, that's really not their fault, is it?
You can't blame anyone, you just have to accept it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #12
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You can't blame anyone, you just have to accept it.
Bingo!
Old 08-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #13
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I think he's talking about being able to express our collective disappointment to the development team personally. We know things filter back of course, but I think he's wishing that the team would have more direct interaction with the fan base. It not going to happen, but its o.k. to dream.
correct like this forum that is read. something that tells them "hey you guys kinda aren't doing everything you could" so 'why aren't you?"

They say they READ the forums and are in on the community but ANYONE knows that if you read the forums the first complaint is the presentation. Did they fix that NOT REALLY then everyone knows that the sidelines and overall stadium graphics need "more" that done? NOPE

Kinda like that these are the kind of examples i'm more refering to that could be asked of the dev after the release of the game?
Old 08-01-2007, 05:22 PM   #14
Rookie

johnnywhiplash's Arena

OVR: 1

Shouldn't we at least wait until we've actually played the game before we decide what we should complain about and to whom?
Old 08-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #15
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
They say they READ the forums and are in on the community but ANYONE knows that if you read the forums the first complaint is the presentation. Did they fix that NOT REALLY then everyone knows that the sidelines and overall stadium graphics need "more" that done? NOPE
Heres the word straight from the horses mouth. Why would we add in a lot of presentation stuff if the game play sucks balls or isn't up to the standard that the devs and producers thinks it should be? Thats what K.Boyd told me at EA a couple of weeks ago. They know the games are lacking major **** on the presentation side. I swear its like some people actually thinks that they don't know this. He even admitted that 2K is killing them with the online portions of their games. Which really took me by suprise I didn't expect him to say that.

Also the way that EA develops madden and ncaa are as follows for every thing that is in the game something else doesn't make it. So lets say there is a list of 10 things that the producers want in the game well only 5 of them are going to make it in on any giving year. At the end of every development year there are a ton of features that the devs wish could have been in the game.

Like when I asked about online depth charts and formation specific depth charts Kendall told me straight up yeah we wanted that in their to but it just wasn't high enough on the list to get it done this year. Like I said for every feature that makes it into the the game there is another feature that won't make it.

So ask yourself what would you rather have this year the dev team focusing almost all available resources on the game play and franchise mode since those are most pressing needs and issues with the game. Or would you rather them try to do everything in year one or two and end up with a non polished mess of ****?

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 08-01-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #16
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
Heres the word straight from the horses mouth. Why would we add in a lot of presentation stuff if the game play sucks balls or isn't up to the standard that the devs and producers thinks it should be? Thats what K.Boyd told me at EA a couple of weeks ago. They know the games are lacking major *earmuffs* on the presentation side. I swear its like some people actually thinks that they don't know this. He even admitted that 2K is killing them with the online portions of their games. Which really took me by suprise I didn't expect him to say that.

Also the way that EA develops madden and ncaa are as follows for every thing that is in the game something else doesn't make it. So lets say there is a list of 10 things that the producers want in the game well only 5 of them are going to make it in on any giving year. At the end of every development year there are a ton of features that the devs wish could have been in the game.

Like when I asked about online depth charts and formation specific depth charts Kendall told me straight up yeah we wanted that in their to but it just wasn't high enough on the list to get it done this year. Like I said for every feature that makes it into the the game there is another feature that won't make it.

So ask yourself what would you rather have this year the dev team focusing almost all available resources on the game play and franchise mode since those are most pressing needs and issues with the game. Or would you rather them try to do everything in year one or two and end up with a non polished mess of *earmuffs*?
Sure, but 3 years on a console and we are still being asked to forfeit or do without things that were standard in the past. It just doesn't seem like the right trade off. Here we have these next gen systems capable of all this great stuff, but nobody can fully take advantage of them. What's the point? All for better graphics?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »