Home

Franchise Info

This is a discussion on Franchise Info within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2007, 01:08 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Franchise Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
Plus it could change the ratings and take whoever you're changing out of the draft class
Well plain and simple, that's the answer and weather people like it or not that may be the only way to get what they want. I wish Madden did have this, but they don't, so what can we do? To be honest, being mad about it won't change anything, so I guess we should look forward to the good because that is why we get the game, along with having fun and enjoying the game of football.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:24 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
Not quite. The create a stadium this year looks amazing. Go to gametrailers.com and watch the video just before the last one.
I saw it already. Trust me it's the same thing as PS2/Xbox Create-A-Stadium but in HD. There may be a different option or 2 but it's the same basis.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:08 AM   #35
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

This is my fear with 08 360 - it will play great, but it will be relegated to pickup 'n' play sessions only while my franchise play remains on the PC. I just couldn't stand broken progression, dumb drafting AI, silly simmed stats and stuff like position changing is pretty important IMO.

Nothing here suggests the more important of those are broken, as you'd have to spend a lot more time in it to find out. It just seems like a miracle to me if all are workable for 10+ year franchises. You can tweak all of these on the PC to your liking making long franchises workable, but only because of end-user advancements, not EA's, which is why I'm skeptical on a platform you can't edit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Viper
Well plain and simple, that's the answer and weather people like it or not that may be the only way to get what they want. I wish Madden did have this, but they don't, so what can we do? To be honest, being mad about it won't change anything, so I guess we should look forward to the good because that is why we get the game, along with having fun and enjoying the game of football.
Don't take this for me complaining. The fix just wasn't that simple.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp71284
I saw it already. Trust me it's the same thing as PS2/Xbox Create-A-Stadium but in HD. There may be a different option or 2 but it's the same basis.
Okay you have to be kidding? I relocated every time I started a franchise in Madden so I've literally done it 50 times in the past 3 years. I'm taking excerpts from IGN here:

Sidelines:
Select from three different sideline seating formations, add a dugout, set pillboxes at the top of the stadium, and sideline luxury boxes to top things off. You can have completely different east and west sidelines.
Old Xbox:
indent, stairs, their may be one more - pillboxes - nope, dugouts - nope. Luxury boxes in or not, not the multiple options shown in the video

Endzones:
There are six different options for both the North and South endzones. These range from Small grandstands with your statues of your team mascot looming over the corners to massive enclosed suites with an obnoxiously large screen on top.
Old Xbox:
Open, Regular,

Enviroment:
360:
Where is your stadium located? Pick from several backdrops: Rural, downtown, mountains, and urban.

Old Xbox:
You get me here - desert, mountains, rural, city 1 and city 2

Lights/Roofing:
There are seven styles of lighting, from long rows of lights along the sidelines to several well-placed poles with intense bulbs. Roofing is a tad more interesting, with two different dome types, a Texas Stadium-style roof with hole for the Almighty to enjoy games, and a few different awning options.
Old Xbox:
4 lights, 6 six lights, 8 lights, and I more than 2 different types of roofs.

Edge Wall:
360:
Mix and match between four different color schemes and three design styles to make for the best-looking wall in the NFL. The edge wall is the small wall below the field level seats.
Old Xbox:
I think this is the same

Field:
360:
Choose where your icons appear on the field with an option for alternate icons to also make a showing. There are four different styles of endzone logos along with eight different color schemes. And, of course, you can choose between grass and artificial turf.

Old Xbox:
The styles and color schemes are pretty much the same and you lose the Fieldturf option but before you only had four choices - use the logo, the shield, EA sports or Tiburon in the center of the field. Now you have 4 options for logo placement and alternate logos

Names:
360:
The final touch comes with naming your stadium. We claimed Mountain Dew Field. Sorry, suckers, but first come, first served. And once you have a stadium name, you can give a nickname to your endzone fan section. Got something more clever than the Dogpound or Black Hole? Of course you don't. But try anyway.
Old Xbox:
You could name the stadium but no sections

Not quite the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »