Home

Franchise Info

This is a discussion on Franchise Info within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #1
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Franchise Info

Quote:
Ok I simmed a season of franchise to give you guys some impressions and answer the questions you asked. Overall its nothing that indepth. Those expecting owner mode will be disappointed because this isn't owner mode. Its a few graphs that show you info about your teams salary, finances, income etc.. you dont set ticket prices and all that other stuff.

Its a basic franchise with some advanced scouting. Even then its nothing we havent' seen before. I'll be doing a superstar next...

Franchise Mode Impressions:
  • -can select every team to do a franchise
  • -can load a team
  • -fantasy draft is simple. just a screen where you pick. you can go to other teams or view all. its real basic.
  • -option to turn off or on use of HOF players. doesnt give you an option to turn of HOF players during a franchise, but i didn't see any in there so im assuming they fixed that.
  • -you can adjust your coaching schemes to your own philosphy
  • -import draft classes before franchise starts.
  • -ESPN radio plays in the background if you want
  • -Each week you can play the game, train active team for this week (basically mini games), supersim. you can start the sim and then jump in whenever you want
  • -no in game saves still. Crappy
  • -YOu can scout players coming up in the draft. Gives you 40 times, bench, career game, and then general scouting of the player. 10 scouting reports
  • -I think this finance stuff is just for show. you can't actually adjust anything like you could in owner mode on the old XBOX/PS2
  • -didn't get any trade offers and i looked in the transactions and the CPU didn't do any trades in between them all year.
  • -falcons made the wild card at 8-8. i think they had vick though. i just thought it was funny
  • -Pats beat the GIants in the SB 28-21. Unrealistic that the Giants got there lol
  • -real pics and names of assistant coaches and coordinators. I had to hire a special teams, training staff and scouting agency
  • -Some notable retirees after year 1: Marvin Harrison, John Lynch, Joe horn, Joey Galloway, Rod Smith, Moose Muhammad
  • -They show a Hall of Fame Screen after Retiring. Class of '08-Marvin Harrison, Trent Gree, Rod Smith, Brad Johnson, Morten Andersen
  • -You can apply franchise tags. I put it on Lance Briggs lol
  • -Cowboys didn't resign Roy Williams. He was a FA.
  • -the signing FA period takes a while to sim, but by while i mean like 5 mins.
  • -During the draft the teams actually take a sec to draft. There is a clock that give sthem 15 mins. You can either sit until they pick, or Sim it to your pick or the next pic.
  • -Teams Trade in the draft. Jets Traded the 5th pick to the Bucs for the 11th pick overall adn 3rd round pick
  • -Seems like a lot of speed in the draft. A wr from FSU ran a 4.28. Another rb ran a 4.35 A few CBs that ran 4.3 40s
  • -no presentation or anything for the draft. Just the crappy soundtrack
  • -they have NFL comparisons in the scouting at the draft.
  • -I ended up drafting that wr who ran a 4.28 40. he was a 78 overall, 96 speed and 90 Acc, 73 awr, 90 catch, 82 SPC
  • -A message popped up and said i got a tv contract awarded worth 2.20 mil over 1 year.
  • -Hester went down in speed to a 99 and moved up to a 72 overall
  • -can't edit players once in franchise. so whatever you bring in you're stuck with.
  • -can't switch to another team after the year is over
  • -no practice squads
  • -this is nothing like owner mode from ps2/xbox 360. lacks a lot of that. its basically the same with some new graphs as far as that owners stuff goes. so those asking if you can turn it off, there is nothign to turn off. its pretty much all automatic. you dont set hotdog prices and stuff
  • -the scouting seems to be the only real thing i'd say was a big addition. even then its nothign we haven't seen before
  • -you can hire and fire assistants
  • -signing FA seems easy if you just give them what they want. Nobody gets upset if you put the franchise tag on them either
  • -stats after the first season seemed mixed. Some where high, at least for the superstars Manning won MVP with 4557 yds passing 51 TDs and 28 INTs. LT rushed for 1945, 725 Rec, 28 rushing TDs
  • -I don't see spawn game/Live opponent this year. they must have taken it out.
Finance Mode options:
-See what players are in contract years
-a lot of graphs. They had a pie graph showing who are your highest paid players
-Team contracts-average your position players make in salary to the rest of the nfl
-Team Expense-where your money on staff, stadium etc.. is being allocated
-Team Income-how much your team is earning basically
you can't change or adjust anything. Its more comsmetic than anything else
C/O Fred over at Sportsgamer.com

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Franchise Info

I got to say, I don't care that I won't be able to change hot dog prices.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:08 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

that sux that you can't edit your rookies that you draft in franchise mode....or anyone on your team.

R u sure you can't edit equipment in franchise?
Old 08-04-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Don't ask me...I'm just the messenger.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #5
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

"-They show a Hall of Fame Screen after Retiring. Class of '08-Marvin Harrison, Trent Gree, Rod Smith, Brad Johnson, Morten Andersen"

So they go straight to the HOF after retirement? That's dumb, they're supposed to wait five years. Not to mention Trent Green and Brad Johnson aren't anywhere near HOF caliber.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Trading during the draft '
Old 08-04-2007, 05:02 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

I was hoping they would have finally had the technology to put the "in-game" save feature in, I never knew why they took it out. At least we use to have it at half time once didn't we?

I'm also not big on setting peanut prices, etc. so that's not a biggie.

You're basically getting a fast, responsive game with little or no presentation and some nifty news features, still pre-ordered and psyched but would have like to see more added to present the game better.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Here's hoping they don't f up the draft class thingie where it had Calvin Johnson with 83 speed and projected 5th rounder.

Variance to some degree is cool (Brohm could have 91 THP or 96), but not by THAT much........
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »