Home

Honest Opinion from Fair and Balanced Maddenites

This is a discussion on Honest Opinion from Fair and Balanced Maddenites within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Honest Opinion from Fair and Balanced Maddenites

Ok guys. I admit I was and still am a 2k guy but I did buy Madden 06 and 07 for last gen and 07 for current gen. 07 on xbox was ok but downright horrible for 360. I couldn't even play a whole season or have a decent online game without the scramble across the field to throw across your body across the field players.

My question is to the guys that never strayed from Madden but know that the game has lacked innovation, creativity and gameplay since 05, is this worth purchasing?

I looked at all the trailers and I was sort of enthused but when I saw that Gametrailers preview (NE vs PIT) I wasn't pleased. The Willie Parker run really turned me away. I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything. I just want to know from this board because this is the most non biased board that I'm on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Honest Opinion from Fair and Balanced Maddenites

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphleks
Ok guys. I admit I was and still am a 2k guy but I did buy Madden 06 and 07 for last gen and 07 for current gen. 07 on xbox was ok but downright horrible for 360. I couldn't even play a whole season or have a decent online game without the scramble across the field to throw across your body across the field players.

My question is to the guys that never strayed from Madden but know that the game has lacked innovation, creativity and gameplay since 05, is this worth purchasing?

I looked at all the trailers and I was sort of enthused but when I saw that Gametrailers preview (NE vs PIT) I wasn't pleased. The Willie Parker run really turned me away. I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything. I just want to know from this board because this is the most non biased board that I'm on.
No one has the game yet.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

If you like 2K do not even bother with Madden especially on XBOX 360. Eventually the terrorists will destroy the NFL and the license will not mean anything.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
If you like 2K do not even bother with Madden especially on XBOX 360. Eventually the terrorists will destroy the NFL and the license will not mean anything.
I like 2K and I'm going to play Madden, why wouldn't I, after all I love NCAA 08. And your comments about the terrorists is laughable.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
I'm confused, I thought he wanted responses from Fair and Balanced Maddenites, not board certified Haters.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 06:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yo...just get madden, ask questions later.

Last edited by ThaShark316; 08-06-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphleks
This is kind of interesting. '08 shows alot of promise but it depends on what you're looking for in the game. I dont' think you can judge the game based solely on trailers.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #8
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Looks like 08 is the game we've all been waiting for on the 360.

But I said the same thing last year before 07 hit so the verdict is out.

That being said I bought 2k this year and played for about 10 days and sold it on ebay. It suffered from the same problem Madden 06 did, buggy as hell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »