Home

Madden 08 Countdown: Player Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden 08 Countdown: Player Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 08 Countdown: Player Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKEHB20
PS he is basically the packers only free agent move and possibly our nickelback this year.
Well I didn't know he was the only offseason move for the Packers. But I did my research.
# Finished the season with eight tackles (five solo) and two special teams tackles
# Inactive for four games plus the NFC Wild Card game at Philadelphia (Jan. 7)

No wonder Favre wanted to be traded ;-)
Old 08-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #50
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
Whose Frank Walker?

PS That may be your answer ...
Frank Walker is a Cornerback who has played for the giants the past 4 seasons. It's not like he is a rookie or an unknown player, Afterall he has been in the NFL for 5 years now.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #51
MVP

unc12003's Arena

OVR: 9

I am a little biased but I think my boy Ronald Curry on the raiders should be rated higher than a 78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 4

i really wish there was more discrepancy with these ratings. i dont see why every sports game seems to rate a ton of guys in the 90s. to me rookies should never be as high as they are and only the most elite players be over 90 or even 85.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #53
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06
i really wish there was more discrepancy with these ratings. i dont see why every sports game seems to rate a ton of guys in the 90s. to me rookies should never be as high as they are and only the most elite players be over 90 or even 85.
One of the great things about the 2k series, when it came to ratings. Only the really great got those kinds of 90+ ratings. In Madden, it's ridicuous. Everyone should have 10 overall rating points taken off right off the top.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:48 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
Frank Walker is a Cornerback who has played for the giants the past 4 seasons. It's not like he is a rookie or an unknown player, Afterall he has been in the NFL for 5 years now.
I can't believe I've roped myself into a conversation about Frank Walker. Not every one makes the game. Tom Brady was left out on the PS2 version of 02 (or 01) if it makes you feel better it looks like Bam Childress isn't in the game either.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #55
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I can't believe I've roped myself into a conversation about Frank Walker. Not every one makes the game. Tom Brady was left out on the PS2 version of 02 (or 01) if it makes you feel better it looks like Bam Childress isn't in the game either.
Im very well aware of the fact that not every player makes the game however I just think a guy that has been in previous versions of Madden, is a 5 year veteran of the NFL, and was signed way back in March deserves to be on his respective team. But that is just an opinion of a fellow Madden fan. He will probably be in the free agent pool on the game anyway so lets move on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 11:15 PM   #56
Pro

lbartlett_32's Arena

OVR: 7

The only problem I have is the fact that Carson Palmer is a 54 in speed. He ran a 4.54 40 at the NFL workouts. They make him out to be Drew Bledsoe. Im glad we can edit ratings this year. I can't wait to see the Saints and Bushs ratings. Bush better not be rated higher than Maroney.

Last edited by lbartlett_32; 08-08-2007 at 11:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »