Home

Madden AI/Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden AI/Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden AI/Gameplay

Yeah, I can't stand how the DBs turn exactly with your route runners, even when you are controlling the person running the route. It is clear that when I send a command via the controller (or one is sent programatically), the DB is often receive the same command. They need to study films on reaction times and techniques instead of just feeding the CPU DB the same commands the route runner is executing.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Looked like Madden 2005 all over again.

I still have nightmares about 100 inch linebacker verticals. Makes me shudder just thinking about it.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 32

I think both EA/VC is still trying to figure out db ai. Just a tough nut to crack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #12

OVR: 34

One huge plus is how the receiver's momentum won't take hin out of bounds when catching close to the sideline. You could somewhat control it last year by properly leading your pass, but it seems to be improved.

Unfortunately, players looking like they are sliding is still there. The QB riverdance is hard to look at. It's just not natural looking until he goes into a full scramble.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

I saw this on xbox live last night.

I'm enjoying this more and more, now. It looks like I'll be able to get sim like stats again this year.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #14
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

I still think the sideline catches are a great addition. It used to drive me nuts when players would just step out of bounds to make a catch instead of trying to at least make it while in bounds.

I'm not sure many running backs would let themselves take big hits like the guys in that video though. Pretty much a sure fire way to be done by 27, lol.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #15
Banned

Alburt Poohole's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
AGREED! That play REALLY has me scared to death of spending another $60.00 on a game with superhuman mind-reading Defensive Backs in it.
The Db's are far from super human...For years DB AI has been terrible, dumb...Its been pretty much Madden for Dummies and most Madden players have become accustomed to hucking balls up, throwing into coverage and living by the pass.

Finally EA has REALLY improved upon the DB AI and many folks are now handcuffed because they never had to read a D or warry about throuwing into coverage or just hucking garbage up...

I really have to laugh at all these people acting as if the DB AI is superhuman...Its really not...Its right where it should be...Should EA create better DB AI animations to aleviate the no look bat downs or great positions the DB's morph into???...Sure they should but the DB AI is great...learn how to balance your game and throw low risk passes...But crying as if the DB AI is superhuman is simply an excuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alburt Poohole
The Db's are far from super human...For years DB AI has been terrible, dumb...Its been pretty much Madden for Dummies and most Madden players have become accustomed to hucking balls up, throwing into coverage and living by the pass.

Finally EA has REALLY improved upon the DB AI and many folks are now handcuffed because they never had to read a D or warry about throuwing into coverage or just hucking garbage up...

I really have to laugh at all these people acting as if the DB AI is superhuman...Its really not...Its right where it should be...Should EA create better DB AI animations to aleviate the no look bat downs or great positions the DB's morph into???...Sure they should but the DB AI is great...learn how to balance your game and throw low risk passes...But crying as if the DB AI is superhuman is simply an excuse
I think that's a very good point. While it doesn't look realistic, it is realistic in that it controls a user's ability to just chuck up passes and stay in the game.

From an online standpoint, there is nothing more frustrating than putting together really nice drives and scoring off of them, only to see your opponent chuck up 2 passes and score a TD in a fraction of the time it took you to get down the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »