Home

This is very sad indeed another year of this.

This is a discussion on This is very sad indeed another year of this. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #9
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: This is very said indeed another year of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
But anyone that is disappointed or surprised by this must be pretty danged new to the game. It should be expected by now that online play is the redheaded stepchild in the EA family.
I have been playing Madden online lag free on ps2 since 2004.

I bought a 360 for Madden 07. T.U.R.D. online. It is like you are playing against someone on the ps2 that has the 'one red bar' dialup connection every single game.

I then bought Madden 07 for my ps2 and played 300 games online. No lag.

I imagine I will buy 08 for ps2 simply for this reason.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

all I want to know online is if the freeze glitch is gone. Hopefully it is. They need to test that out and report.

also, I want to know does online run at 60fps, because I know that NBA 2k7 was a 60fps game, but it ran at 30fps online, which sucked.

also, they shouldn't report that the game was laggy because Fred said that the guy he played to test it out ALWAYS has lag issues with him, so..

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 08-07-2007, 08:24 PM   #11
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

ODogg, man, you need to donate! Ten posts in a fresh, new thread and you own four of them...

To address the topic, I haven't noticed lag in my games of NCAA online. The kicking/coin toss lag was bad once but we restarted the game with no problems. I've also had three random disconnects and was able to fix one of them (my opponent the second and third times had to go so we never got a chance to retry the game).

I do wish the weather was fixed online, as the Weather Channel feature would be nice...not to mention seeing the highly rendered stadiums under different lighting conditions. That being said, I'd go for lag-less online play over weather and time of day ten times out of ten.

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 08:53 PM   #12
SXL
Rookie

OVR: 3

sucks for you online guys

NOT FEELIN ME/ FINE/ COST YOU NOTHIN/ PAY ME NO MIND.

JAY Z
Old 08-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

You're right. I'm sick of people whining too. Oh wait ..

seriously, i dont play online so im not really disappointed.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #14
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm 0 for 3 with getting an online NCAA game beyond the 2nd quarter... drop city (yet my headsets retain a great connection with my opponent.)

The button lag in the NCAA 08 playcalling screen online is deplorable. Problem last year, problem this year. Getting real old. Offline, its kinda slow too. It doesn't help that MORE button presses are required to highlight individual plays instead of the - "oh...it just made sense" three plays that would be displayed as you cycled through the current gen playbooks.

But nooooooo..... we have to have the cute little transparent plays with the stadium pan in the background taxing the processor while we pick our individual play with the laggy selector.

Then there's the FG/XP kicking online with NCAA 08- real fun there, lemme tell ya.

And- now from reading what Pasta wrote, it looks like all that "fun" and more is back in full-effect with Madden 08.

If Gears of War, Halo 3, or Rainbow Six:Vegas played online like EA's football games do on next gen, the forums for those respective games would equate to villagers with torches, and review scores would slide into the 5 or 6 zone at best.

However, such is not the case with NCAA... where "Well, just play it offline" is somehow an acceptable retort from most of the community. (Note to MS: try that with Halo 3, and see how it flies!)

There's my rant.

Pasta, see you tomorrow in Orlando.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
I have been playing Madden online lag free on ps2 since 2004.

I bought a 360 for Madden 07. T.U.R.D. online. It is like you are playing against someone on the ps2 that has the 'one red bar' dialup connection every single game.

I then bought Madden 07 for my ps2 and played 300 games online. No lag.

I imagine I will buy 08 for ps2 simply for this reason.
I honestly don't get it, I played Madden 07 quite a bit online and never had any lag. And I've played about 20 games of NCAA 08 and there was only once or twice there was some lag and I think it was the other guy. There is a very slight difference in online button presses but it's nothing unusual IMO and once you play a game or two you get used to it.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 08-07-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
ODogg, man, you need to donate! Ten posts in a fresh, new thread and you own four of them...
Yeah i'm going to this pay

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »