Home

This is very sad indeed another year of this.

This is a discussion on This is very sad indeed another year of this. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 07:31 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: This is very said indeed another year of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Not surprising and not really disappointing since it's been this way now for quite a while.

I've had very little lag in my 15 games or so of NCAA

Don't care, don't care and oh let me see, don't care.

Pick your plays quicker, i've never noticed any problems with NCAA, once you learn the playbook anyways..

I've never noticed any play call screen lag really. I agree the depth chart lag is awful and needs fixed but this isn't detrimental to online, it's just overall game detrimental.

This is stupid but again, not a huge deal to me, I always play as the same guy usually...
Damn man way to support EA for screwing it up again this year. Are you people blind? If Madden 08 turns out to be just like 06 and 07 will you blindly buy 09 next year? It blows my mind how EA has people brainwashed.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Very disappointing article.

Whats funny is that EA is going to run a seperate Madden Challenge tournament that is to be played online, you would think they would put some kind of effort into making online play lag-free.

I don't care what anyone says, NCAA 08 is a disgrace online. There is a slight lag that doesn't make it unplayable, but definitely effects user control and the kicking game. It is not right for people to just accept this.

As a guy who only plays online, this is very sad to read. Especially when other sports games are lag free, as well as other games who can have 30-40 people in the same game with no lag(Resistance: FoM, and I'm sure Halo is the same way)
Old 08-08-2007, 08:18 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
ODogg,
I get zero lag on any XBOX 360 online game I own. (I have enhanced DSL since I live right next to the node.) However, with Madden 06, NCAA 07, Madden 07 (before the patch), NHL 07, and NCAA 08... I've had lag fests.

I've heard some hypothesize that its "region specific", but who knows.
What about the person you are connecting to ?? I only have 768 DSL and I lag big time while playing 1 friend of mine (opt. online cable) but it runs as smooth as offline play against another (patriot media cable).

Lag is a two way street...

edit : Sorry, the game I am refering to is NCAA 08, x360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 08:25 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPYYZ
Damn man way to support EA for screwing it up again this year. Are you people blind? If Madden 08 turns out to be just like 06 and 07 will you blindly buy 09 next year? It blows my mind how EA has people brainwashed.
Supporting EA? Not at all, just giving my opinion, i'm critical when it affects something I care about. Most of the things on that list I don't care about and I state that way. It's not being excuse making for EA, but i'm not going to sugarcoat my opinion just so I hope no one thinks I'm just supporting EA, the same as I"m not going to criticize EA just for the sake of criticizing them like some of you like to do. Neither method is right, you have to be honest about what you care about and what affects you.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-08-2007, 08:27 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner
What about the person you are connecting to ?? I only have 768 DSL and I lag big time while playing 1 friend of mine (opt. online cable) but it runs as smooth as offline play against another (patriot media cable).

Lag is a two way street...

edit : Sorry, the game I am refering to is NCAA 08, x360
you are right, that is why i've had 1 game out of 20 so far that had some lag in it. You can't control the other user's crappy connection. And that is not EA's fault. None of someone having a crappy connection is. If their servers overall run with lag that's an entirely different issue. I just haven't seen that at all yet in my 20-25 games of online NCAA 08 though.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-08-2007, 08:42 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

EA Sports title have never been very Online friendly, so why are people surprised about what Fred is reporting...
Old 08-08-2007, 08:44 AM   #39
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

So...im assuming this will be the case with the ps3 online as well ??

Maybe even worse ??
Old 08-08-2007, 08:58 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I played 07 to death and the menu's were laggy as hell. Just going into the lobby and putting the cursor on the name of another player to see their stats was laggy as hell. Sub menus, laggy. Disconnects were random too and occurred quite frequently, which is after awhile I gave up. I had at least 20 losses last year due to disconnects in the 1st qtr. Sometimes the game was just kicking off Sometimes I was winning. I was beating one guy 35-7 in the 3rd qtr it disconnected and guess who got the loss? Very dumb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »