Home

First Madden Review

This is a discussion on First Madden Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2007, 01:07 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: First Madden Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Yes, and the review is for AOL. I think that about settles it.

Seriously, not to kiss ***, but after the OS APF and NCAA reviews, everything else is inferior.

True, you can see the effort in the OS reviews. This seem more like a David Ortiz discussion on the new features in Madden such as defensive play makers.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
"players can't be substituted by formation" That sux. Also sux is that the worst announcer since sports talk football for the genesis, is back. Hopefully everything else is awesome.
Hold on here, i swear in last years Madden you could formation sub to different sets, like spell HB or HB slot, no way they took that out, its in this years NCAA for gods sake which has the same exact play call screen. I think this is just evidence of a half-a** review
Old 08-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
True, you can see the effort in the OS reviews.
And is also why the OS review won't be out for a few weeks until after the game releases. It's so the reviewers here can get adequate time with the game to make a good judgement. Some other sites seem like they just want to be the first out of the gate with a review....regardless of how accurate the review is.

I put very little stock into this review. As grunt stated earlier, it reads more like a preview.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:23 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

Yeah, I skimmed through the second page after reading the first. Not one negative comment at least not one I didn't catch.

Its not like I was looking for negative...but no game is perfect.

Also a 9/10...that is a high score for a sports game nowadays. I'd rather read a IGN review after this.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #21
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxmofo
Hold on here, i swear in last years Madden you could formation sub to different sets, like spell HB or HB slot, no way they took that out, its in this years NCAA for gods sake which has the same exact play call screen. I think this is just evidence of a half-a** review
I'm sure you can , you can do this is NCAA. You just can save it ouside of the game you are currently playing but if you do the HB swap in the I-formatkion and run a play, the next time you use the I Formation that swap will still be in place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 03:43 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
Huh?

The announcer in Sportstalk Football was revolutionary at the time and no one else was doing it. It was one of the coolest things ever for its time.

We have to look at historical context and not put old games down because of advances that came later.

I agree that the Madden announcer is whack, but at least the old sportstalk guy actually said more stuff, lol. The announcer in Madden sometimes goes a while without saying a word, adding to the boredom... but that's a programming thing and not the announcers fault.
I liked it when it was Pat Summerall and Madden. They complemented each other so well.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #23
MVP

BSanders's Arena

Quote:
Then again, plans of a true owner mode were scrapped and choosing the price of hot dogs or relocating your woeful franchise to London or LA won't be an option, something hardcore simulation fans will miss.

If this is true EA can keep Madden this year, If this review/preview is accurate that means EA has been feeding us crap about relocating while knowing it wasn't in the game.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #24
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
"players can't be substituted by formation" That sux. Also sux is that the worst announcer since sports talk football for the genesis, is back. Hopefully everything else is awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hioh631
That does indeed suck. No Reggie Bush in the slot...
Not necessarily. In NCAA 08 (360) my Houston Coogs have several formations where the substitution packages allow me to get 2 HB's on the field at the same time, including some where #22 Anthony Alridge (aka "Bush lite" ) either lines up in or auto-motions to the slot.

Let's at least see what options are available before we go tearing our hair out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »