Home

Get Ready, Get Ready, Get Ready....

This is a discussion on Get Ready, Get Ready, Get Ready.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2007, 12:37 PM   #17
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Get Ready, Get Ready, Get Ready....

We can spin this any way we want to, but after the turnover fest that is NCAA there's a real possibility that it exists in Madden....no matter what this guy says.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:20 PM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I stopped reading after this:

"Then I played a solo match against the computer. Both my team and the other team -- the Tennessee Titans vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- fumbled and threw pick-offs four times."

Umm...match?....pick-offs?

2. If you are running with the ball, you can press a button to toss the ball to a teammate: a lateral. But if you accidentally press this button when there's no teammate around you (fairly easy to do), you merely fumble the ball to the ground. How stupid.

cmon man...how i am supposed to respect this guy's judgement
Old 08-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
We can spin this any way we want to, but after the turnover fest that is NCAA there's a real possibility that it exists in Madden....no matter what this guy says.
And we can spin it more if it's true, because Game Informer mentioned a patch was being worked on by the Madden team.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
You can also spin it so there aren't many turnovers with Sliders...
Old 08-10-2007, 04:45 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 17

Reading skills on this board are at an all time low. The ariticle talks about the cover-up button.

NCAA has turnover problems. No matter how you slice it turnovers range from slightly high to ridiculous. We all know the Madden are very similar from year to year. And usually problems in one is a problem in the other.

Everyone has blinders on with Madden and NCAA. It's poor journalism to point out that Madden has turnover problems like NCAA? People defending Madden/NCAA are only doing so because the amount of interceptions they see are acceptable to them.

You won't see it if you play as a poor team in NCAA with bad CBs. You won't see it if you pass correctly. You will see it if you have 85+ rated CBs. You will see it against the CPU. You will see it when the CPU is on offense and you are on defense.

Maybe it's not as clear cut as the sack/fumble in Madden 06. But it's a lot like NFL 2k5 DBs problems. Half the people said they don't see the DB "circling the wagon" issue. Yet it was plain as day that did put a damper on the game.

There's no arguing that turnovers are a problem with EA's football line this year. The hope is that EA will address these issues with a "roster update" like they did with NHL 07.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2007, 04:54 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 10

EA is currently working on a patch for it.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:58 PM   #23
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

I have logged in about 15 hours on Madden 08 already and I don't see a fumble problem at all.

But if you try and truck stick J.Lynch, D.Darius or any other hard hitters in the league at LB and Safety guess what. You are probably going to fumble the ball and get blown up in the process. I tried to run over John with Willis and it was ugly lol.

On the flip side if you get to hitstick happy the back juke is going to have you straight whiffing on tackles this year.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
I have logged in about 15 hours on Madden 08 already and I don't see a fumble problem at all.

But if you try and truck stick J.Lynch, D.Darius or any other hard hitters in the league at LB and Safety guess what. You are probably going to fumble the ball and get blown up in the process. I tried to run over John with Willis and it was ugly lol.

On the flip side if you get to hitstick happy the back juke is going to have you straight whiffing on tackles this year.
Hahaha ya, I learned my lesson pretty well in NCAA 08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »