Home

*OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS2/XBox)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS2/XBox) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #49
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: *OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS2/XBox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek64
Does it have the new Titans unis? Different color combinations? Other teams?
nope no powder blue on blue or white on blues same as last year
Old 08-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 10

ok...i'm just now starting to think about bringing my 360 version of Madden back to Walmart (it's still wrapped) to get the xbox version. But i want to make sure i've got my facts right first.
please help in cofirming the following:

1. Hit Stick 2.0 is in the xbox version
2. Gang tackling is on xbox
3. Sideline catches are NOT on xbox
4. Franchise (fantasy draft and all the other things we've known over the years) are on xbox version
5. someone mentioned there is more depth on xbox than 360. what does that mean? depth in what?
6. the mini camp skills are still on xbox version (i hated the weightlifting and 40 yard dash on 360 last year and it's on 360 Madden 08 this year, too)
7. xbox has that new mini games competition someone posted about
8. Super Bowl celebration of any kind?? none on 360.
9. unusual number of DEs in the first round of the draft??
10. optional camera angles (NOT sideline or iso/diagonal), right?

are you guys liking the xbox version? i have HDTV and was really looking forward to Madden 08 on 360, but i THINK i prefer game depth, unlockables, modes over excellent graphics.

Help? Thoughts?

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 11

I'm getting both the 360 and regular xbox version this year, just like I did last year. While I can't speak for this year yet, I can say that I disgarded the 360 version last year because the Franchise bugs made the 360 version unplayable for me, and I am a Franchise guy. I didn't regret it one bit.

Generally, I can tell you this: if you believe the 360 version has glitches that you can't live with or work around, you most likely won't go wrong with the regular xbox version if you're a big franchise guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #52
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Hey guys I just want to know if you can hit someone while they are engaged with another tackler.. IE 2k.. Can you redirect a pile?
Old 08-15-2007, 02:13 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
Hey guys I just want to know if you can hit someone while they are engaged with another tackler.. IE 2k.. Can you redirect a pile?
Pretty sure you can't
Old 08-15-2007, 08:18 AM   #54
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2

Two questions:

I saw it mentioned earlier but I see no confirmation: Is there still a Coach Mode this year? Since it's basically the same game engine, I assume EA left it in, right?

I see many complaints about a "AI punt bug" for the next gen versions: The AI often punts the ball when it's inside your 30-40 yard line instead of kicking a FG or going for a 4th down conversion. Is this bug in the Xbox version too?

Thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 08:40 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

Immpressions

I have AP 2k8 and enjoyed it, but wanted the NFL and a good game of football!

Very dissapointed!

Good
Colors are beautiful. the colors pop! Cut scenes are way better then last year and the players although a little bulky look excellent. Radio guy not that bad. I like the music on replays as well.

Bad
The players look like ants moving around. Every thing is so fast. You can't enjoy the transisition after the play and during a play they look so arcadish its funny. I asked someone who know nothing about video games to compare APF & Madden. They so I like the NFL but those players look silly.

Menus are annoying and the loading time is too long.

Between plays the stuttering is awfull (xbox 360)

The gameplay is just fake and arcadish. Not realistic. All pro not perfect but much more realistic. Believe me I am not biased.

The clincher: Playing as Bears ( I couldn't believe my eyes) I am controlling Grossman and am going to get sacked, so I run back and turn him around. He hops off his throwing foot and as he spins around throws the ball exactly 43 yards and completes a bomb to muhamed. The defender covering Muhamed follows him and just stops and does not defend the catch.

I sorry, this is a bad game, enjoy but don't kid yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #56
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

What about gamecube impressions for people who don't like the WII but like gamecube/Nintendo?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »