Home

*OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (Wii)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (Wii) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #9
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: *OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (Wii)

i have 2 questions as well:

can you use the wii classic controller?

have you done a madden impersonation yet when drawing up crap on an instant replay

Last edited by Bacardi151; 08-13-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #10
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
I'm dying for someone to get this game on the Wii, because this "automatic throw" thing is really driving me nuts.

On the bright side, there are in-game saves. Hallelujah!

EDIT: And there are historic teams.
i oredered mine and should get it tomorrow, im glad that historical teams are in
Old 08-13-2007, 06:14 PM   #11
Strike Hard and Fade Away

Fresh Tendrils's Arena

OVR: 51

I might have to pick it up before MP3 comes out.

Have you played any online games yet, Matrix?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #12
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Pared....I haven't played the 360 version. My brother is purchasing the PS3 version either today or tomorrow. Don't know why he's not getting the 360 one but eh. As far as Mario Running....I don't really notice things like that. The collision detection is kind of weird. Often, I'll see a player run through another played during the replays, and one time I saw my ball sail literally the left upright on a FGA. The next time I play though, I'll pay more attention to the Mario running and see how prominent it is, if at all.

EG, it's not a separate Wii code. Just an EA Nation member name. I'm "TheMatrix31" on there.

B151, I don't own a classic controller so I wouldn't be able to tell you if it works on there or not. It's not listed on the back of the box as an option, though. I haven't done the telestrator thing yet, but I'll try it out and see if it's worth while.

FT, I haven't played any online games because I haven't found anyone online to play against!

A lot of the mini-games are weird, though. I was doing the party mode with my bro for a little while. Some of them are kind of worthless, actually. I'm definitely not a fan of the route running one. The 40-yard dash is REALLY tiring. I wasn't able to figure out how to throw correctly on the Passing Distance game.

I'll be playing poker tonight so I probably won't be getting any other play time until late at night when you guys are sleeping.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:33 PM   #13
ddeweil

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
A lot of the mini-games are weird, though. I was doing the party mode with my bro for a little while. Some of them are kind of worthless, actually. I'm definitely not a fan of the route running one. The 40-yard dash is REALLY tiring. I wasn't able to figure out how to throw correctly on the Passing Distance game.
What do you mean by "weird"? What are the best mini-games? I assume the 2v2 or rushing attack. Is the weirdness due to the controls?

Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #14
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Weird as in just not too interesting. A lot of them are the main training camp games and those are fun, but some of the new ones seem like they were just added in for the hell of it.

The route running one, for example, has 18 pass attempts and you have to run each time. The stupid thing is, though, there's no specific route you have to run. You just run around until it's thrown to you, and even then, you can barely see the icon. So not only does it take forever, it's just kind of counter-productive.

Also, there's one where you have to protect the QB. It's just you as an OL trying to block a bunch of defensive players from getting to the QB. I guess the objective is to hold out the longest. I couldn't last longer than 7, 8 seconds max.

I haven't tried the 2v2 yet. I wanted to but my bro didn't want to for some reason.

To sum up, I don't know if the weirdness is due to the controls. Just overall "objective" of some of the games is not clear, therefore it makes it less enjoyable. The instructions could be a little clearer on what the objective is.

The trivia is pretty fun, though. They ask a bunch of real stupid questions though. I didn't get any repeat questions in the four 10-question games. They kept asking questions like "What is the name of ______'s mascot?". It's cool but how the **** am I supposed to know those? I wish they would ask harder and actual history-related questions. We got a lot of "Who was the top pick in the _____ Draft?" . Another thing that would be nice is if we got points for answering the questions quicker than the opponent.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:50 PM   #15
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

So are you enjoying the Wii version?

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 09:58 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
So are you enjoying the Wii version?
if I were you, since I know you're a Madden fan, I'd get the 360 version and rent the Wii version. Well, that's what I plan to do.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »