Home

A more immersive Madden...

This is a discussion on A more immersive Madden... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
A more immersive Madden...

Ok i know that the forum is filled with tons of Madden 08 impressions, however i think something new is instore.

I just got the brillant idea of a more immersive madden, however i doubt my idea will make it before the next generation of madden on the next consoles. We all talk about a more immersive Madden 08, however i think the on the field action is the approiate means of delivering a immersive madden. However the way EA went about it isn't the best way though.

Lately games have gone with a nice new immersive feature of no H.U.D. I think thats the best way to have a more immersive madden. I mean on the feild its self, the players don' have a bar on the bottom of thier screen telling them the score and how many mins in the game is.

What i'm trying to say is; imagine a Madden with no HUD at all. One about you just on the field. The camera is pushed even closer to the action and its about you feeling as if your really in the game.

Now even NFL players know how much time is left on the clock and how many timeout they have. I figure this could be handled with the player calling screen. When you go to the play calling screen, you see the coach yell out the play and he informs you how much time is left etc.

As of right now, the new Superstar mode would greatly benefit from this, since your already closer to the action and your not the one picking the plays. Well next gen is about getting closer to the action and the feel of what the game is trying to convey. I truly think no HUD would benefit sports games with a more on the field action.

Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 12:42 PM   #2
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: A more immersive Madden...

Nah I wouldnt like this. I like the TV style broadcast look. That immerses me more in sports games if it looks like a real game I see on TV. It'd be nice if we could choose between the two. 2 different presentation modes.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-12-2007, 12:43 PM   #3
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I honestly think that with all the different types of gamers that the Hud is a must in this game. Maybe a FPS or something but it's kinda a staple in sports games.

More to the point the "on the field" aspect has been implemented to the commentary side and 90% of us hate it and want Madden/Michaels back.

Last edited by MaddenMan; 08-12-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Nah, I don't really like the idea of this. I actually wish I could move the camera back and the hud is necessary for a game as complex as this game is.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

no.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 02:11 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
Ok i know that the forum is filled with tons of Madden 08 impressions, however i think something new is instore.

I just got the brillant idea of a more immersive madden, however i doubt my idea will make it before the next generation of madden on the next consoles. We all talk about a more immersive Madden 08, however i think the on the field action is the approiate means of delivering a immersive madden. However the way EA went about it isn't the best way though.

Lately games have gone with a nice new immersive feature of no H.U.D. I think thats the best way to have a more immersive madden. I mean on the feild its self, the players don' have a bar on the bottom of thier screen telling them the score and how many mins in the game is.

What i'm trying to say is; imagine a Madden with no HUD at all. One about you just on the field. The camera is pushed even closer to the action and its about you feeling as if your really in the game.

Now even NFL players know how much time is left on the clock and how many timeout they have. I figure this could be handled with the player calling screen. When you go to the play calling screen, you see the coach yell out the play and he informs you how much time is left etc.

As of right now, the new Superstar mode would greatly benefit from this, since your already closer to the action and your not the one picking the plays. Well next gen is about getting closer to the action and the feel of what the game is trying to convey. I truly think no HUD would benefit sports games with a more on the field action.

Any thoughts?
I agree with you, but we're in the minority. It might have worked had they started out like this when Madden first came out, but most players want to get the feeling that they are watching the game on T.V., as opposed to playing the game on the field. I think thats weird, but it is what it is.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #7
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Well i understand where most of you are coming from so theres no hate there. However i would really like to see this idea pushed forward at least in Superstar mode. Superstar mode is about being one player. It would be nice if they immersed us like that in at least that mode.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 5

First Person Football is as close as we ever got and until someone expands on that, it's as close as we'll ever get.

Our current generation (360/PS3) is really a generation of uncertainty and ineffectiveness; developers are chasing their tails and putting together concepts that are thinner that what we had last generation. We're paying more and getting less. If EA wants to break from that, they need to first fix the issues with what they have now in Madden and think 'bigger', but we won't likely see that entirely until Next Generation--maybe--since EA is the type of company that will stick to their guns on a concept even if the whole world is telling them it's awful (for example: radio guy instead of TV-style commentary).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »