Home

Official Madden 2008 Bugs/Glitches thread (all consoles)

This is a discussion on Official Madden 2008 Bugs/Glitches thread (all consoles) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #17
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official Madden 2008 Bugs/Glitches thread (all consoles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Can anyone confirm or deny this glitch for the 360:

So, I've edited the rosters. People are where they're supposed to be. The players that have retired are on the FA list and are edited to where they wont get picked up. Now, it's time to start Finance Mode with the Ravens.

One of the first things that I do when starting a chise is to edit all the players to reflect the way they look in real life (or just how I want them to look). I go through the entire Ravens roster and edit the players that need it. Then I go to RESIGN players that need it or that I'm going to keep starting with T. Suggs (which has 1 year left on contract). This is where the problem begins. He's already resigned . So, I go check to see (in Franchise Options) if the RESIGN PLAYERS is on Cpu instead of User and it's not. I've got it on USER and am in control of all resignings.

I EXIT the franchise and reload the roster. Now he's back to normal with 1 year left on his contract. I try to edit his equiptment outside the chise but, BOOM, it edits his contract again to the 3-year deal . I try a couple of other contract year players and it does it to them also. Then I test it on some 6-7 year contract players and the result is the same. The game edits their contract to a 3-year deal if you edit the player's equiptment and if the player has a 1-year or 4-7 year deal.

At this point, I'm highly pissed off . So either I dont edit players or resign them after the Cpu has magically signed them to the 3-year deal. But this is bad for rookies. Rookie contracts are cake. For example, I traded for Patrick Willis. His contract, without the signing bonus, starts out at around $680K with the 6-year deal. It never exceed the $3.0M mark. But if I dare edit him in any way, the game will automatically resign him to a 3-year deal worth way more than he's making. Now if I want to sign him to a 6-year deal like he had before, I have to spend 3Xs the amount that he's currently making to get him to agree to a deal. This is ridiculas.

On the flip side, there is a slight positive to this but, IMO, it feels like cheating. Just say that you have a veteran such as Peyton Manning. He's making a total of like $90.0M PLUS. When you edit him, his contract with dwindle down to a 3-year, $12.0M contract. That's an incredible restructure. The team saves a ton and if you resign to the 6-year deal from there, it's still going to be a huge savings in the cap. But, still I say, it feels like cheating.

But this should be something that EA could've easily fixed. I mean, for those that want the full realism of Finance Mode, you cant edit players to keep either contracts intact and sacrifice making them look how you want them or how they look in real life. I'm just disappointed that EA either didnt catch it or didnt care to fix it.
Good thing I only play 1 season or 2, not consecutively...
Old 08-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Can anyone confirm or deny this glitch for the 360:

So, I've edited the rosters. People are where they're supposed to be. The players that have retired are on the FA list and are edited to where they wont get picked up. Now, it's time to start Finance Mode with the Ravens.

One of the first things that I do when starting a chise is to edit all the players to reflect the way they look in real life (or just how I want them to look). I go through the entire Ravens roster and edit the players that need it. Then I go to RESIGN players that need it or that I'm going to keep starting with T. Suggs (which has 1 year left on contract). This is where the problem begins. He's already resigned . So, I go check to see (in Franchise Options) if the RESIGN PLAYERS is on Cpu instead of User and it's not. I've got it on USER and am in control of all resignings.

I EXIT the franchise and reload the roster. Now he's back to normal with 1 year left on his contract. I try to edit his equiptment outside the chise but, BOOM, it edits his contract again to the 3-year deal . I try a couple of other contract year players and it does it to them also. Then I test it on some 6-7 year contract players and the result is the same. The game edits their contract to a 3-year deal if you edit the player's equiptment and if the player has a 1-year or 4-7 year deal.

At this point, I'm highly pissed off . So either I dont edit players or resign them after the Cpu has magically signed them to the 3-year deal. But this is bad for rookies. Rookie contracts are cake. For example, I traded for Patrick Willis. His contract, without the signing bonus, starts out at around $680K with the 6-year deal. It never exceed the $3.0M mark. But if I dare edit him in any way, the game will automatically resign him to a 3-year deal worth way more than he's making. Now if I want to sign him to a 6-year deal like he had before, I have to spend 3Xs the amount that he's currently making to get him to agree to a deal. This is ridiculas.

On the flip side, there is a slight positive to this but, IMO, it feels like cheating. Just say that you have a veteran such as Peyton Manning. He's making a total of like $90.0M PLUS. When you edit him, his contract with dwindle down to a 3-year, $12.0M contract. That's an incredible restructure. The team saves a ton and if you resign to the 6-year deal from there, it's still going to be a huge savings in the cap. But, still I say, it feels like cheating.

But this should be something that EA could've easily fixed. I mean, for those that want the full realism of Finance Mode, you cant edit players to keep either contracts intact and sacrifice making them look how you want them or how they look in real life. I'm just disappointed that EA either didnt catch it or didnt care to fix it.
Good Gawd!
Old 08-14-2007, 12:04 AM   #19
Banned

What are the odds of seeing a patch for either the INTX2 glitch or some of these uniform/roster problems?
Old 08-14-2007, 01:51 AM   #20
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3

I was playing the mini games and could not for the life of me figure out how to exit to the main menu.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:51 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't know if this is a bug or glitch but it sucks. Call the 3/4 defense, solid, and call the play Trio Sky Zone. Select the middle linebacker designed to blitz on the play, line up over the center and you will be unblocked to the quarterback 90% of the time. I haven't done it but my friend called it every play for the past two games and in both games got 8 or more sacks with Adalius Thomas for the Patriots and at least 6 interceptions from me just trying to get rid of the ball in the half second i have to make a decision. I used the Colts and Bengals. The lineman let him pass and the running back doesn't even attempt to block him most plays.

It sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 04:16 AM   #22
MVP

cookusu's Arena

Ok, I had the Packers Punt on first down against me, while driving at the end of the first half, they got to about my 40 with about 5 seconds left and instead of trying a hail mary or long field goal they punted. Very wierd. Can't say I have seen anything wierd other than that.

Jim

On the 360 at the Pro level no changes to sliders, just my first game to see what the game was like.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #23
Rookie

Yeah For Running's Arena

OVR: 2

Does the edit problem happen to guys you've drafted in franchise mode or just current players?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:01 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 8

Anyone get a freeze yet? Just had a fumble and then it gave me dde.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »