Home

Did EA finally include a DL?

This is a discussion on Did EA finally include a DL? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Did EA finally include a DL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
No he is a hybrid OLB/DE. But since EA didn't include formations subs you will have to choose one or the other. Same thing with Terrell Suggs. If I want Suggs at OLB in the 3-4 then it's gravy, but if I want him at DE in the 4-3 then it's a problem because I can't do both.
Damn man that sucks. Well looks like I'll just move him into the DE slot n move Crowder into his LB spot.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #18
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Hey guys is this post about the Defensive Line. Or is the question about a disable list?
Old 08-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Oh, did they ever! Dude, trust me when I tell you that stud d-lineman actually make a difference now, especially if you control them yourself.

Take it from me...I'm a guy who always hated to control the d-lineman himself because I was always getting pancaked as soon as the ball was snapped. Not anymore. With my Bills, Aaron Schoebel has the special "power moves" weapon ability, and I use it to it's fullest potential and it actually makes a big difference.

Also...try running the ball with a weak o-line against a team with a stud defensive line and you'll be pulling your hair out, with how hard it is. I believe I averaged around 2.7 yards per carry against New England's line, versus a 4.8 against the Jets.

Trust me...teams with good defensive lines PLAY that way...and it really shows in this year's game.
Thanks for the replies and the info. See if I get to return to Madden after ..*earmuffs* I haven't been into Madden since Madden '93.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:11 PM   #20
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Oh, did they ever! Dude, trust me when I tell you that stud d-lineman actually make a difference now, especially if you control them yourself.

Take it from me...I'm a guy who always hated to control the d-lineman himself because I was always getting pancaked as soon as the ball was snapped. Not anymore. With my Bills, Aaron Schoebel has the special "power moves" weapon ability, and I use it to it's fullest potential and it actually makes a big difference.

Also...try running the ball with a weak o-line against a team with a stud defensive line and you'll be pulling your hair out, with how hard it is. I believe I averaged around 2.7 yards per carry against New England's line, versus a 4.8 against the Jets.

Trust me...teams with good defensive lines PLAY that way...and it really shows in this year's game.

fellow BILLS fan here......how's JP in the game?
Old 08-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #21
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Hey guys is this post about the Defensive Line. Or is the question about a disable list?
did you read the thread?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch
Should be fun playing with the Pats this year. The game sounds great so far, I can't wait for tommorow so I can try it out myself.
I've been debating whether or not I should go at midnight and go to work in the morning without sleep or waiting until I get done with work (leaving early nevertheless) and picking up it then.

On an aside that virtually no one outside of Boston will get. It looks like Clay's getting one of the starts on Friday. I'm hoping its the night game.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:25 PM   #23
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

My bad I read the thread. My bad....
Old 08-13-2007, 09:55 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

yeah now you can put alot heat on the qb

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »