Home

Ign 8.7 on 360.

This is a discussion on Ign 8.7 on 360. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2007, 12:24 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Ign 8.7 on 360.

At the end of the review (video review) the guy says "franchise mode is a little disappointing and owner mode isn't really what people were expecting". From that impression, it seems as though franchise mode doesn't seem too in depth. Would it be safe do say that finance mode (owner mode) is a very in depth version of franchise mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 01:03 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip3rman
At the end of the review (video review) the guy says "franchise mode is a little disappointing and owner mode isn't really what people were expecting". From that impression, it seems as though franchise mode doesn't seem too in depth. Would it be safe do say that finance mode (owner mode) is a very in depth version of franchise mode?
Well supposedly all it is is a streamlined way to view finances. Things like income,player salaries, coach salaries etc. I thought it was the old fashioned set parking prices and food prices etc. It isn't .
Old 08-14-2007, 01:07 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles
Congrats to all 360 owners. I am kicking myself for trading back my 360 right now.

*tells self about mlb 07 the show*

Ok, we're good.
Yep almost made that mistake myself but sold my ps3 instead. It was collecting dust even with MLB The Show. Im a football fan first and foremost and I think 2K's baseball game wil be the best come next year anyway.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #28
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
I think that's a little harsh, he might not be as die hard as a lot of us here but he's definitely not the tool you are making him out to be.

I didn't say he was a tool...

But "video game guys" and "sports video games" are a completely different thing...

He was the guy who said NBA 2K should have "no play sets...as consumers don't want a complicated game".
Old 08-14-2007, 09:50 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 32

8.7 is a great score. I am looking forward to reading OS review and impressions of OS posters in the next couple of weeks.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:55 AM   #30
Pro

KBomber's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/812/812241p1.html

Closing Comments
Madden NFL 08 is a great game. It's certainly the best Madden since the 2005 edition and a worthy offering for the new generation of gaming. The new animation system is outstanding and the game itself plays wonderfully. Madden succeeds where it matters most: The gameplay. Now Tiburon just needs to bolster the surrounding aspects and it could have a true classic on its hands in the near future. The presentation needs a serious kick in the ***. Let this be the last year with a radio broadcast play-by-play. It's embarrassing to listen to this homer calling (and miscalling) plays. Madden 08 is not the best football game ever made, but it is one of the better iterations in the franchise. It's certainly the best Xbox 360 football game to date.
From the video review, as narrated by Hillary Goldstein:

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary Goldstein
That said, Madden is the only game with the NFL license and it is a good game, it just doesn't have to be a great game and if you're a long-time Madden fan or are just a fan of the NFL, then this is the game to pick up, but just don't expect the best Madden experience that you've ever had
Nuff said

Have fun............

What I think I think:
• Y'know, I've never played less NBA 2K than I did with NBA 2K12
• Sports VG titles were REALLY disappointing in 2011-12
• Thank Heaven for ME3 and Arkham City -- saved my winter
Old 08-14-2007, 09:57 AM   #31
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
I didn't say he was a tool...

But "video game guys" and "sports video games" are a completely different thing...

He was the guy who said NBA 2K should have "no play sets...as consumers don't want a complicated game".
You do realize he's reviewing for the mass public right? OS and our hardcore sports fanatics are a small percentage of that. Talking with people in line last night for Madden, they could care less about realism. They want to see big plays, big hits, and something to talk smack about. That's it.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 10:15 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
You do realize he's reviewing for the mass public right? OS and our hardcore sports fanatics are a small percentage of that. Talking with people in line last night for Madden, they could care less about realism. They want to see big plays, big hits, and something to talk smack about. That's it.

Exactly. We're in the minority and that's why Madden always outsold 2k. It appeals to both the casual andthe hardcore gamer. In fact, the most realistic thing Madden ever did was invent the vision cone which forced you not to stare down your receiver and look the safety off, (What a concept huh) and the majority of people complained about that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »