Home

On the fence

This is a discussion on On the fence within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: On the fence

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
hey broth do you go to kent state? Im an alumni. great school.
went there for two years myself (in '90-'92). also got to see them play in rupp arena when they were in the regionals (i believe about 2002?). good school, but haven't been around there in years.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #10
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I haven't bought any of the football games this year yet. I only want to buy one and get the right one!

I am waiting a few more days to see how things play out. People are playing 1 game and basing their opinions on that in some cases.

I remember last year, the more you played 07, the less fun the game became, at least for me.

Contrary to what EB Games tells you, there is no need to rush out and buy the game today. Give everyone here 24-48 hours with it and see what happens.

That's what I am doing.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:42 AM   #11
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
went there for two years myself (in '90-'92). also got to see them play in rupp arena when they were in the regionals (i believe about 2002?). good school, but haven't been around there in years.
yeah it was 2002, that was insane a small school in the elete 8. just imagine how insane it was on campus. they have built some new dorms tore old ones down. campus looks great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #12
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull
I've been enjoying AP2k8 for the past few weeks, but I have been intrigued by the reviews of Madden. The thing that is holding me back is the turnover issue. Reading these forums only further confuses me, as some people claim it's not a problem, others say it is, but sliders help keep it tolerable, and others say it's a nightmare. Which is it? Can someone who has played at least 10 full games, please comment on whether or not the turnovers (in particular the fumbles) are a game killer or not? Thanks.
get off the fence and on the coutch and get Madden,it's worth it.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-14-2007, 10:54 AM   #13
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6

double posted.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:55 AM   #14
Redskins Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
I haven't bought any of the football games this year yet. I only want to buy one and get the right one!

I am waiting a few more days to see how things play out. People are playing 1 game and basing their opinions on that in some cases.

I remember last year, the more you played 07, the less fun the game became, at least for me.

Contrary to what EB Games tells you, there is no need to rush out and buy the game today. Give everyone here 24-48 hours with it and see what happens.

That's what I am doing.
see, that's really hard to do. both games really live up to the overall impressions, imo.

With APF2k8 you get rock solid gameplay and "feel" but a severe lack of NFL license, franchise mode, features and options.

With Madden I got lost in the menus there's so many friggin things to check out but was falling asleep playing the game.

I soooo wish I could somehow gel these two games together and make just like an unbelievable football game. That's the most disappointing thing of all. Both have these great qualities but neither can get it entirely right. It sucks seeing Madden and APF side by side and knowing what Madden COULD be.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:55 AM   #15
Rookie

coachpars's Arena

So many fumbles... I played for a couple of hours and even threw in APF to make sure I wasnt being to hard on the game,but I think the gameplay is boring. Without the transistion cut scenes between plays, 3rd and long feels exactly like 1st and goal. I would recommend renting before buying. I have APF and ncaa along with Madden and Im very dissapointed. ( also simmed a season and the interception glitch is still there,and Brad Johnson made the hall of Fame.WTF???!!!??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 11:09 AM   #16
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
get off the fence and on the coutch and get Madden,it's worth it.

FF, I trust your knowledge and put more weight on your opinions than others so I'm really interested in Madden based on what you've said.

Did you play APF or even 2K5? How do you feel Madden compares "On the field"?

I'm especially interested in a nice running attack where you have to be patient and allow the blocking to unfold. That's the primary reason I love APF

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »