Home

On the fence

This is a discussion on On the fence within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2007, 11:13 AM   #17
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: On the fence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleLikeAStizzle
With APF2k8 you get rock solid gameplay and "feel" but a severe lack of NFL license, franchise mode, features and options.
I'm one of the few people who actually misses a "regular season mode" in all EA sports games. I don't always want to manage a franchise... sometimes I just want to play a normal season with current rosters.

The only real lure of Madden for me is superstar mode, which is the kind of thing that would keep me coming back for more.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:17 AM   #18
Rookie

coachpars's Arena

OVR: 6

slthree, I also love to run in APF. this game is not even close IMO
Old 08-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #19
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpars
slthree, I also love to run in APF. this game is not even close IMO
to continue with my mixed emotions about the game ... i felt the opposite. i thought the run blocking was pretty good. I was using the skins and had to sit there and wait on sweeps and and outside runs for the lead blocker to tangle up his man, then put a highlight stick move or a spin on the safety and could break a nice run.

i was really happy with the running game. it's the receiving I had most of my issues with.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:34 AM   #20
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
FF, I trust your knowledge and put more weight on your opinions than others so I'm really interested in Madden based on what you've said.

Did you play APF or even 2K5? How do you feel Madden compares "On the field"?

I'm especially interested in a nice running attack where you have to be patient and allow the blocking to unfold. That's the primary reason I love APF
I have always been a big 2k football fan, I did play APF2k, and I did enjoy it, I did like the gameplay like I always did. It is a very good game, for me it comes down to the NFL License, I myself have a problem playing a game without out NFL teams, thats just me, someget over that but i can't. I never bought APF, because I know it would get stale for me after awhile without the NFL teams. Anyway I like MAdden better this year, I love MAddens gameplay which is a first in a long time.and I love how many more animations they added this year.. I'm really enjoying Madden this year.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-14-2007, 12:02 PM   #21
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
also got to see them play in rupp arena when they were in the regionals (i believe about 2002?).
If that was the IU game, then I was there as well. I was also at the IU-Duke game two days prior when IU came back from 17 down to drop the No. 1 seed. That was great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 12:04 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull
I've been enjoying AP2k8 for the past few weeks, but I have been intrigued by the reviews of Madden. The thing that is holding me back is the turnover issue. Reading these forums only further confuses me, as some people claim it's not a problem, others say it is, but sliders help keep it tolerable, and others say it's a nightmare. Which is it? Can someone who has played at least 10 full games, please comment on whether or not the turnovers (in particular the fumbles) are a game killer or not? Thanks.
You are really missing out!! There is no need to wait around a day or two, you should be playing it and enjoying yourself. Don't you owe that to yourself? Get your butt off the fence and go get this game, NOW!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 08-14-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:06 PM   #23
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBucc
They say they're making a patch for it, but whether that comes in a few days or a few months nobody knows. Go to a friends house and play or give it a rental and see for yourself. I think it has a few too many turnovers but not the craziness that is NCAA.
A patch for Madden, NCAA, or both?
Old 08-14-2007, 12:20 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions...

I might get this game, I'm not sure. If I do get this game, it'll probabably be around Christmas because I'm having a blast playing NCAA 2008, MLB 2K7, and ESPN College Hoops 2K4 (I know, it's old) right now. I may get Madden then, but I don't want to take any playing time away from those 3 games right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »