Home

On the fence

This is a discussion on On the fence within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #57
SXL
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: On the fence

i replayed all my interceptions and i say 85-90% are from bad throws. I havent had a problem with fumbles (yet). So i dont really think there is a turnover issue IMO.

NOT FEELIN ME/ FINE/ COST YOU NOTHIN/ PAY ME NO MIND.

JAY Z
Old 08-15-2007, 05:58 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXL
i replayed all my interceptions and i say 85-90% are from bad throws. I havent had a problem with fumbles (yet). So i dont really think there is a turnover issue IMO.
Then you're not looking properly. I'm sorry, but this isn't a question of opinion. Look at any pass play in replay mode- completion, incompletion, interception, what have you. Put the camera on the receiver and freeze it at the moment the QB throws the ball. Watch what the defenders are doing and how they respond, and look at where their heads and bodies are positioned when they start to react. Defenders warp to the ball the moment it is thrown, whether they were looking at it or not, whether they were even facing in the proper direction or not, and they react far more quickly than receivers.

It's simply how Tiburon designed their AI, and it's bogus.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:02 PM   #59
Pro

Dregur's Arena

OVR: 5

I think the bigger issue, and one that can't be fixed by "playing better" is the CPU turnovers. Many people are complaining that it's the CPU that's turning the ball over way too easily. I haven't played with the sliders, but it TO's are a big problem with this game.

-The Grinman
Old 08-15-2007, 07:00 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 17

Perhaps it might also be a matter of programing the animations better of the DB's heads. On these replays that you've looked at........do the db's turn to look back at all during their coverage or are their heads just locked onto the reciever the entire time?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Perhaps it might also be a matter of programing the animations better of the DB's heads. On these replays that you've looked at........do the db's turn to look back at all during their coverage or are their heads just locked onto the reciever the entire time?
That would certainly help matters, but it goes beyond that. DBs who are in positions where they simply shouldn't be looking at the QB still respond to the ball as soon as it is thrown. For instance, in man coverage against a comeback route, if the ball is thrown when both the receiver and DB are still running upfield, the DB will immediately turn and attack the ball, while the receiver, who is the one who is supposed to know that he's about to plant and turn, does nothing. It's not just a question of missing head-tracking, but a conscious design decision to make passing more difficult. Defenders respond in ways that are physically impossible. A DB who has jumped straight up in the air and missed a ball can magically gravitate three yards upfield despite having no momentum, just to knock the ball out of a receiver's hands. The passing game is rigged, basically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #62
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
The passing game is rigged, basically.
I disagree with this one sentence. I think alot of people are just use to the same old madden and haven't adjusted to a tighter game. I only played one game, but the first half was rough throwing the ball. Then I started fooling around with snap counts, motion, switching recievers and the pass game opened up more. Also, I put INT's at 0 and KND at 85 like Sully and others suggested...Seemed ok to me.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #63
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
I disagree with this one sentence. I think alot of people are just use to the same old madden and haven't adjusted to a tighter game. I only played one game, but the first half was rough throwing the ball. Then I started fooling around with snap counts, motion, switching recievers and the pass game opened up more. Also, I put INT's at 0 and KND at 85 like Sully and others suggested...Seemed ok to me.

what?
Old 08-15-2007, 08:17 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by favre4vr
Yes, you're right, that is what I said too..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »