Home

Randy Moss plays CB and WR!!!

This is a discussion on Randy Moss plays CB and WR!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2007, 02:43 PM   #17
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Randy Moss plays CB and WR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Look in the Patriots defensive playbook. There's probably a play that puts the top rated WR as a CB... Last year that would have been Troy Brown, but now since they got Moss, he's now slotted in that play.

I think that's what's going on.
That a very astute observation and makes total sense. In years past there would be no down side to this happening, but this year with all the defensive ratings actually having functionality I would expect Moss to play like garbage on D in any situation except maybe a Hail Mary play.

Edit: Dookie and I are sharing the same wavelength.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:21 PM   #18
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Look in the Patriots defensive playbook. There's probably a play that puts the top rated WR as a CB... Last year that would have been Troy Brown, but now since they got Moss, he's now slotted in that play.

I think that's what's going on.
That's probably correct. May have to go into that specific formation to see if Moss is put in on that formation. I believe you can still set specific people for specific formations correct? I'm at work and don't have the game in front of me.

Kinda odd that they would include that in a Play Now game though.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

The same thing would happen in Ncaa, usually due to fatigue. I just adjusted my depth chart to make sure my wr's were far down the list for cb's and it solved the problem. Don't know if this is the case with madden.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:21 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 11

Guys I was only on my second drive of the game and they had 8 men in the box and 2 CBs and 1 safety shading the WR on the left side. I had man to man with Moss on the other side. So he would have to be either the 1st or 2nd CB on the depth chart to be in on that play. But when I checked he was 10th or 11th. I dont think fatigue is going to cause 10 guys to come out in the secondary when we are about 3 minutes into the game. I'm not one to look for and find bugs, I'd rather just pretend they aren't really there but this was so in your face.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:25 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

u just mad cuz randy can DO IT ALLL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 04:26 PM   #22
Collab: xcellnoah@gmail

X*Cell's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Sounds like a bug to me too but a really neat one. If Asante decides to take some time off I could see Belichick trying a WR or two. Randy? Uh, no. I think that's unlikely bordering on just not going to happen but maybe one of the others.
It is a bug... every team has a player that does it... I played against the Falcons and apparently Cedric Houston wanted to play offense and defense against his former team.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #23
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSF49
Guys I was only on my second drive of the game and they had 8 men in the box and 2 CBs and 1 safety shading the WR on the left side. I had man to man with Moss on the other side. So he would have to be either the 1st or 2nd CB on the depth chart to be in on that play. But when I checked he was 10th or 11th. I dont think fatigue is going to cause 10 guys to come out in the secondary when we are about 3 minutes into the game. I'm not one to look for and find bugs, I'd rather just pretend they aren't really there but this was so in your face.
Dan, did you read my earlier post?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 11

Gigga, I saw your post but I'm at work now so I can't check that out till later on but I will, thanks for the insight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »