Home

What About The CPU's Comeback Ability?

This is a discussion on What About The CPU's Comeback Ability? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
What About The CPU's Comeback Ability?

Has anyone else had a hard time closing out games when up by 10-20 points? Please give me a YES or NO and the difficulty you are playing on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What About The CPU's Comeback Ability?

NO / All-Pro
Old 08-14-2007, 02:10 PM   #3
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

mine would be a sorta "Yes".. on All-Pro, 6 minute qrts...

Giants (me) up on AZ 35-0 (Manning & Jacobs were having huge days).. in the 3rd quarter, all the sudden I get picked off twice, & the Cards come back & drop 21 points on me.. luckily I was up before that, & managed a safety after that.. but it had me sweating that one.. Dunno if it was my play calling or the AI, but it felt weird.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:11 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Anyone else? I think Gamespot said this was a problem.
PS-Is AllPro default pretty easy?
Old 08-14-2007, 02:13 PM   #5
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles16
Giants (me) up on AZ 35-0 (Manning & Jacobs were having huge days).. in the 3rd quarter, all the sudden I get picked off twice, & the Cards come back & drop 21 points on me..
That sounds just like the kind of scenarios that the real Giants will encounter quite often this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #6
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Before you guys go crazy with this, there may be more come from behind rallies than you may think...

Since 1996, 1,474 out of 2,598 regular season and postseason games have featured a team trailing by eight points or less in possession of the ball in the fourth quarter. In 603 of those 1,474 games, the trailing team won. Therefore, nearly a quarter of all victories in the last decade have been the result of late and dramatic rallies.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/print/3978/

Last edited by Matt Diesel; 08-14-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:27 PM   #7
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

I've read some people complaining about "comeback ai." I kinds sorta like it if it's done right. They should make a new rating called "morale" that affects other ratings depending on how well the game is going, how well the player is playing, and also how the player if affected by off the field stuff. A player with high morale should not be affected by losing or having a bad game, whereas a player like Randy Moss should start to run routes lazily and drop balls if the game is out of reach. Then all the players's morale should be combined for a team morale which whould determine how well a team is able to comeback from big point deficits. High morale players making big plays should give a boost to team morale and deflate the other team's morale, kinda like momentum in NCAA. You could even break it down into units, like Offensive morale or defensive morale, so if you're O is scoring a lot but your D is getting scored on, your O would have good morale but your D wouldn't. I think this would help get rid of things like Larry Johnson suddenly fumbling and Peyton turning into Eli when they're up by a few scores and make combacks more realistic.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
Before you guys go crazy with this, there may be more come from behind rallies than you may think...

Since 1996, 1,474 out of 2,598 regular season and postseason games have featured a team trailing by eight points or less in possession of the ball in the fourth quarter. In 603 of those 1,474 games, the trailing team won. Therefore, nearly a quarter of all victories in the last decade have been the result of late and dramatic rallies.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/print/3978/
Yeah, 8 points or less(that includes being down by 1 in the 4thquarter). what about more than 10 points?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »