Home

The Good, The Bad and the Uh-Oh in Franchise

This is a discussion on The Good, The Bad and the Uh-Oh in Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
The Good, The Bad and the Uh-Oh in Franchise

Given I haven't played an actual game yet but I've simmed through a season to get the feel for franchise like I normally do (I wouldn't be a good judge of gameplay anyway as I barely played 06 or 07 on the 360).

The Good - the look of the game is sleak. You can create just about any uniform you want. Stadium editor is jaw-dropping. Former (recent) coaches are actually in the game - Marty, Denny Green, Jim Fassel even if they're not holding down an NFL job this year

The Bad - menus are tough to negotiate, you can get lost easy. I don't know if there are features that are in the game that I am missing or if the game is just missing features. When you select a coach you can't narrow it down by job so in order to get to a special team coach you have to scroll through the head coaches, and both coordinators to get there. A good side bar is you get to see the attribute bonuses for certain coaches but the bad side is their skill is done in a meter and not an actual rating (not sure if its bad or just different, I just don't feel like I know what I'm getting myself into) Stadium creator is awesome as I said but there's no way to see how the changes you've input affect your botton line ie if I do an open mezzanine how many seats am I losing at what cost? Uniform editor is again great but there are so many options its easy to get lost and without some manual to tell you what x is actually changing (there are some things I changed colors but couldn't tell a difference) it takes a while to complete the four uni's. Relocation financing is off. I was able to move the Bills to LA without contributing a penny. The relocation funds (35 mill) were enough to get the approval with just 4 million in the licensing fees.

The Uh-Oh - Free agency, I started with the Bills and I cut and/or traded the entire team before the end of the season. As I did, in last gen. I then simulated the entire offseason expecting to fill my roster at the beginning of the preseason with scrubs. Only problem is there weren't any kickers or punters available and in Madden you can't trade for them. I had to select the option to let the cpu sign and it found a punter and a kicker that wasn't in the pool. I hit free agency after the second season and only one fullback is available. It seems like the CPU is resigning everyone.

Its hard to explain but yet I'm still having fun with the game. There are just some obvious, gaping holes in the franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: The Good, The Bad and the Uh-Oh in Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I had to select the option to let the cpu sign and it found a punter and a kicker that wasn't in the pool
how's that possible
Old 08-14-2007, 03:34 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkey
how's that possible
It isn't and when I saw that it wasn't uh-oh that I said.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

From dictionary.com:

No results found for sleak.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingblade73
From dictionary.com:

Look up "sleek", and stop being an ***.

Thanks for the write up, cam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 04:22 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
From dictionary.com:

Apparently we took the same English classes -

Quote:
It does not matter who is under the cap. The salary of the players must be withing 25% when trading over the cap. They tell you that when the screen loads. I think it is true to the CBA, so I like it.

Last edited by cam780; 08-14-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:42 PM   #7
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
Apparently we took the same English classes -

Check and mate.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:52 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Im mad they still dont let us change positions!

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »