Home

Does Madden have a Coach Mode??

This is a discussion on Does Madden have a Coach Mode?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 12:07 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Does Madden have a Coach Mode??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
Can someone let me know?
The PC version has what your looking for.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:43 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Any of the other coach moders give it a try on the 360 and have any comments? I'm really enjoying it!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:39 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey Nole how r ya, I hope all is well. I think I'm just going to wait until they stop making the last gen version because they are not going to add all the features to next gen until then. I'm not playing Madden but I am playing NCAA. I received Madden on release day. I put it in and they had taken out so many of the customization features I figured I would just wait until they came out with the version that has all the options plus the radio announcer gets on my nerves. Since I play multiple seasons I usually only have the current rosters for a few seasons so the roster upgrade isn't that important to me. The closest I got to CPU mode on NCAA is to play offense myself and let the computer control the defense and special teams because the computer will automatically run the defense except for some reason they won't put in the punt team when it's fourth down in a punting situation. That is the closest I got to CPU vs. CPU mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I'm good! Thanks for asking.

In NCAA I let Corso call the plays and I just play as the QB since I have to...kinda like Campus Legend. I super sim defense, watching key 3rd downs throughout the game. I also super sim my opponent's special teams but coach mode my own in real time. Had some good games here in the 4th year of my dynasty.

I am really enjoying Madden though with the WR Control. It really brings out the skill, or lack thereof, of your QB since you're controlling a WR.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:17 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

That's good to hear Nole. (On NCAA) Yeah but I need to see my defense play so I know where I need to recruit or if I need to change someone's position for the next season. I had a CB I had to switch to SS in the off season because my starter left school early and the SS who was next on my depth chart just wasn't ready yet. If I hadn't seen him make some key plays througout the season I would not have known to put him there. I just kind of like looking at both sides of the ball. The only thing I really didn't like about Super Sim was the interruption in announcing the game. But I am glad you found a way to make it work for you tho.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #14
Rookie

fleaflicker's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
It doesn't have a true coach mode but it has something that I can definitely live with.

Madden 08 360 Coach Mode
  • On passing plays, hit "B" to select a receiver then hit "LB" to activate "WR Control" (make that circle under him turn light blue)
  • Snap the ball and the QB will run the play as normal. If you get open he will throw it to you. If not he'll go elsewhere. You can also call for the ball by hitting "A". It'd be nice if the WR ran his route automatically but he won't.
  • On running plays, use lead blocker control by select an olineman with the "B" button. Hit the "LB" to activate lead blocker control. Snap the ball and the blocker will block on his while your back does his thing.

This works for me because the biggest thing with offensive coach mode is the QBs awareness of what's going on and now this will bring that into play. I wish this was in NCAA but alas, it is not.

NoleFan.........you saved PS3 Madden for me....I moved up from plain old xbox (last gen) this year (where you could "coach mode it") and I was struggling with this PS3 Madden's passing game.
Thanks BIG TIME for the advice/strategy....I can actually play this game now and enjoy it!!!
I sure hope they put "Coach Mode" in next year.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:33 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaflicker
NoleFan.........you saved PS3 Madden for me....I moved up from plain old xbox (last gen) this year (where you could "coach mode it") and I was struggling with this PS3 Madden's passing game.
Thanks BIG TIME for the advice/strategy....I can actually play this game now and enjoy it!!!
I sure hope they put "Coach Mode" in next year.
As do I!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #16
M*c *dd*ct

OVR: 7

The main problem with it is that the receiver will not run the routes. I guess if you want a real coach mode you can run Superstar mode.

Currently Playing:
  • Madden NFL 2007 [360]
  • Guild Wars [PC]
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion [360]
  • Enchanted Arms (soon) [360]
Freelance Graphic / Web Designer - Website coming soon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »