Home

Is the Turnover Issue a Game Killer?

This is a discussion on Is the Turnover Issue a Game Killer? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Turnover Issue a Game Killer?
Yes 117 33.14%
No 114 32.29%
Haven't Decided Yet 122 34.56%
Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2007, 10:59 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Is the Turnover Issue a Game Killer?

The issue in this game isn't the INT's, it's the fumbles. Anyway, it's not anywhere near as bad as in NCAA 08 with the INT's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 11:01 PM   #26
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Not even close to a game killer. IMO, there are slightly too many fumbles and the CPU throws slightly too many INT's, but this issue is way, WAY overblown.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:02 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Not even close to a game killer. IMO, there are slightly too many fumbles and the CPU throws slightly too many INT's, but this issue is way, WAY overblown.
It's overblown because it *was* a game killer in NCAA 08. It's not as bad though. I'm enjoying the game.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:14 PM   #28
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

The turnover issue reminds me of when people would debate whether or not the 360's had a defective problem. There were people who had their 360's crap out early on (me being one of them) and voiced their complaints and displeasure. While others, who were lucky enough not to have a defective unit (at the time), blasted them, saying that the issues were being blown out of proportion, etc. Later, we find out that there actually was a problem with the early units and the defective rate was higher than first reported. Thus, the steps taken by MS in terms of extending the warranties.

Most of the reviewers, as well as a number of forum members, have mentioned the abundance of TO's whether it be fumbles or interceptions. Supposedly EA has also acknowledged the issue and is working on a patch. So it irks the **** out of me, when people say that others need to learn how to play the game... especially when the CPU is having the fumble and int issues.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:18 PM   #29
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

the ints are not a problem for me, its the damn fumbles. Its not a complete game killer but its getting close. And if there is to be a patch, how would a person without Live get it? Could I go to a friends and bring my hardrive or something
Old 08-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

INT's aren't too terrible, a little bit much though. I think fumbles may be worse. But to me it's all a part of the big play mentality of the whole game. It's like every play the game feels should be some game changing event.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:37 PM   #31
Rookie

ManBeast77's Arena

OVR: 1

this seems rediculous to me.

Everyone used to complain about how over-done passing yards and TD's killed the game and the AI needs to be overhauled.

EA goes and amps up the AI and now everyone is complaining its too hard.

c'mon guys just play the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 11:40 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 14

See I'm serious when I say I dont see these issues. I can tell you right now why people fumble too much because they run like they did in old versions of madden. IF you run head first into a brick wall and try to juke the hell out of everyone and run ridiculously hard every play you will fumble. It's about taking angles.. Watch the hits you take. If you angle yourself correctly you will not get hit as hard and wont fumble. Watch how emmitt smith used to run. he used to take angles so he wouldnt get hit so hard every play. I'm telling you when I first got the game I had the same issues as everyone else, but people need to learn how to play the game. This game is very realistic and I'm loving it. I agree ea could tone this stuff down a bit, but I hope they dont screw it up either because I think it's very realistic the way it is. You fumble when you get stood up and someone will knock the ball out, or if you just crash into the line. Try going down and taking the correct angle. I'm telling you. Lay off the truck stick and the juke stick, and speed burst. Its about picking your spots. I love it because if you play like you are taking care of the ball and not trying to fumble you wont. Just go down instead of trying to make a big play every play. The same goes for ints. You have to pick your spots and not play stupid.

Last edited by Walker8; 08-14-2007 at 11:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »