Home

Is the Turnover Issue a Game Killer?

This is a discussion on Is the Turnover Issue a Game Killer? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Turnover Issue a Game Killer?
Yes 117 33.14%
No 114 32.29%
Haven't Decided Yet 122 34.56%
Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2007, 12:04 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Is the Turnover Issue a Game Killer?

most of the int's I am seeing are the ones I am throwing. Usually bad decisions or throwing while moving back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 12:16 AM   #42
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

I have to be honest. If it was a case of me being stupid and overaggressive, I wouldn't have a problem with a bunch of picks...

With that said, each pick that I've seen was one of several issues:

1. Flat ball trajectories. Now, I KNOW how a ball is supposed to travel. What I'm seeing is not realistic. I don't expect total realism, but we are talking about pretty powerful machines that should allow these dudes to give me a pretty good physics model. If I didn't have a degree in this stuff, it probably wouldn't bother me so much... But I do and it DOES.

2. The super defender. A quick change of direction and/or a speed boost from the AI to get the defenders in position. I understand that some of this is probably needed, but if you're going to cheat guys into position, don't let them catch the ball. Knock it down. I can accept a pick if everything came together and looked right. But when I see a guy slide 4 to 5 yards without taking a step after heading in the opposite direction... THEN you let him catch it? I get heated. The super defender is also partly related to the next issue. And that is...

3. Bad, bad ball placement. I use precision passing to try to loft the ball over the receiver's head. He's running a go route and he's behind the defender. So, if I do this, and if I overthrow it, I'm TOTALLY cool with that. That happens a LOT in the real life. But when the ball comes up short enough for the defender to make the superhuman leap to snag it, then it's time to throw the controller.

I'd have to say that 90% of the picks I've seen are of one of these three main cases. That's not cool. My friend and had one play in particular where I was on defense. As the play developed, I noticed that I was about to get burned. All he had to do was just see the same guy that I saw and throw it... He did. To my absolute surprise, my linebacker came from 7 yards away on the other side of the field and made the pick... OMG. It was so bad, I agreed to tank my series and ran back to the spot of what should have been a SURE catch for him. I just felt guilty about it. It was that bad.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:38 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I have to be honest. If it was a case of me being stupid and overaggressive, I wouldn't have a problem with a bunch of picks...

With that said, each pick that I've seen was one of several issues:

1. Flat ball trajectories. Now, I KNOW how a ball is supposed to travel. What I'm seeing is not realistic. I don't expect total realism, but we are talking about pretty powerful machines that should allow these dudes to give me a pretty good physics model. If I didn't have a degree in this stuff, it probably wouldn't bother me so much... But I do and it DOES.

2. The super defender. A quick change of direction and/or a speed boost from the AI to get the defenders in position. I understand that some of this is probably needed, but if you're going to cheat guys into position, don't let them catch the ball. Knock it down. I can accept a pick if everything came together and looked right. But when I see a guy slide 4 to 5 yards without taking a step after heading in the opposite direction... THEN you let him catch it? I get heated. The super defender is also partly related to the next issue. And that is...

3. Bad, bad ball placement. I use precision passing to try to loft the ball over the receiver's head. He's running a go route and he's behind the defender. So, if I do this, and if I overthrow it, I'm TOTALLY cool with that. That happens a LOT in the real life. But when the ball comes up short enough for the defender to make the superhuman leap to snag it, then it's time to throw the controller.

I'd have to say that 90% of the picks I've seen are of one of these three main cases. That's not cool. My friend and had one play in particular where I was on defense. As the play developed, I noticed that I was about to get burned. All he had to do was just see the same guy that I saw and throw it... He did. To my absolute surprise, my linebacker came from 7 yards away on the other side of the field and made the pick... OMG. It was so bad, I agreed to tank my series and ran back to the spot of what should have been a SURE catch for him. I just felt guilty about it. It was that bad.

Are you passing with Rex Grossman by any chance? I don't think precision passing works with him...
Old 08-15-2007, 12:53 AM   #44
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223
Are you passing with Rex Grossman by any chance? I don't think precision passing works with him...
LOL. I guess not.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:08 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
LOL. I guess not.
On a more serious note though, Passing with Manning just feels better IMO (haven't played with other elite QBs) some QBs are just not accurate enough, and combine your QBs accuracy and overall skills with player mistakes...a lot of INTs come up.

I've been playing with Schuab and a lot of times when hurried I just take the sack lol. Better than giving it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 05:23 AM   #46
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

46 say yes
44 say no
46 haven't decided

This ones gonna be a photo finish!
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:31 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
46 say yes
44 say no
46 haven't decided

This ones gonna be a photo finish!
Yeah, this is one of the closest polls ever on OS.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:48 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
Lowered INTs to 0, raised knockdowns to 90.

INTs are no problem for me.
I will try these settings when I get home today. Thanks, Sully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
It's being fixed anyway. EA has said that they are making a patch for it.
I've seen so many people say this. Where or when did EA ever mention a patch? I can't find it anywhere.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »