Home

EA responds to PS3's 30fps

This is a discussion on EA responds to PS3's 30fps within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 01:57 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EA responds to PS3's 30fps

Well last years madden on the ps3 wasnt nearly as choppy as this years version. So I'm not buying that its the PS3 thats the problem here.....Madden 07 ran fine on the system...Game wasnt very good but atleast it was smooth....THis year is very choppy for me. Dont understand it. Its not because its 30fps because it was 30fps last year.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:58 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

The framerate is fine I can't believe 720P is the best we can get even All Pro Football 2K8 had full hd
Old 08-15-2007, 07:08 AM   #19
Rookie

DagsJT's Arena

OVR: 2

I also read somewhere that they managed to fix up Madden to 60fps on the PS3, I'm certain I read it ...
Old 08-15-2007, 07:11 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagsJT
I also read somewhere that they managed to fix up Madden to 60fps on the PS3, I'm certain I read it ...
Yep...I know I read that too. The fact that it isn't is really puzzling to me.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:57 AM   #21
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravesfan47
Well last years madden on the ps3 wasnt nearly as choppy as this years version. So I'm not buying that its the PS3 thats the problem here.....Madden 07 ran fine on the system...Game wasnt very good but atleast it was smooth....THis year is very choppy for me. Dont understand it. Its not because its 30fps because it was 30fps last year.
100% agree. I rented Madden '07 a couple months back, and while I couldn't get in to the game as much as I had hoped, it did run smoothly. This year's version is simply unplayable. I say that AFTER I played the 360 version at Best Buy. There's absolutely no comparison. None. I don't think anyone can honestly say after playing the 360, and then playing the PS3 version, there's hardly any difference. It hits you right in the face. The PS3 version is inferior, plain and simple. I didn't want to believe it as I only own the PS3. It pisses me off they're charging $60 for the PS3 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 11:16 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I know I won't be the first to say this, but who cares? Madden has always been Madden at 30fps. Sometimes 15fps - N64. Who cares?

I think that the current 360 version took a visual hit to get to 60fps when 30fps would have been fine. I might consider the PS3 version... MIGHT!!!

But I have to ask, why did they feel the need to speak for 2K Sports?
Slight is the operative word. They lost a little detail and lighting, but gained more sharpness, color, brightness, and smoothness. I hate to lose detail, but if I'm going to gain all of those other things, it's worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »