Home

Has anyone posted about the flawed draft class speed hits yet?

This is a discussion on Has anyone posted about the flawed draft class speed hits yet? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 12:58 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Has anyone posted about the flawed draft class speed hits yet?

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=167086

Its a problem thats been more obvious on the 360 according to this thread but, as you can see, someone got excited because you can actually increase speed ratings by a couple of points over a year. In this particular discussion, McFadden went from a 96 in NCAA to an 88.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 01:00 AM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Has anyone posted about the flawed draft class speed hits yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=167086

Its a problem thats been more obvious on the 360 according to this thread but, as you can see, someone got excited because you can actually increase speed ratings by a couple of points over a year. In this particular discussion, McFadden went from a 96 in NCAA to an 88.
If speeds were relative in the game to the talent around them, I would expect a speed hit for players being imported in from college. 96 to 88 seems excessive to me.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:07 AM   #3
R**k**

OVR: 2
I just posted at MM but I might as well here too.

The NCAA imported classes seem to go through a filter that lowers speed as the projection of the prospect lowers. I used a draft class from 2012 using my Michigan dynasty. I had Sam McGuffie (of youtube fame) leave college with 98 speed 98 agi 99 acc. He ended up as a top 5 prospect in one season with 98-98-99 madden ratings. Next he ended up as a 1st-2nd with a 91-90-94. The third time he was proj as a 1st and ended up 95-93-95. I followed about 15 players mostly at skill positions and all of their speeds were similarily altered based on their projected draft spot.
In this years madden you have to play the whole season until you find out what the prospects are projected at. Last year you could just re-load the class at the end of the year if you didnt like the projected draft slots. Last year in CG ratings were similarily filtered but it seemed more like awareness and other factors not primarily speed or other physical attributes. However if you're hoping on manipulating this process you could save after importing and sim ahead to see if players are projected to your liking.
I also had an amazing 99 rated junior MLB leave in 2012, first class proj 3-4 result 77 OVR 84 SPD, next proj 1st result 85 OVR 88 SPD, thirdly proj 2nd 84 OVR 88 SPD. Hope this helps everyone a little.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:17 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: I just posted at MM but I might as well here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan54
The NCAA imported classes seem to go through a filter that lowers speed as the projection of the prospect lowers. I used a draft class from 2012 using my Michigan dynasty. I had Sam McGuffie (of youtube fame) leave college with 98 speed 98 agi 99 acc. He ended up as a top 5 prospect in one season with 98-98-99 madden ratings. Next he ended up as a 1st-2nd with a 91-90-94. The third time he was proj as a 1st and ended up 95-93-95. I followed about 15 players mostly at skill positions and all of their speeds were similarily altered based on their projected draft spot.
In this years madden you have to play the whole season until you find out what the prospects are projected at. Last year you could just re-load the class at the end of the year if you didnt like the projected draft slots. Last year in CG ratings were similarily filtered but it seemed more like awareness and other factors not primarily speed or other physical attributes. However if you're hoping on manipulating this process you could save after importing and sim ahead to see if players are projected to your liking.
I also had an amazing 99 rated junior MLB leave in 2012, first class proj 3-4 result 77 OVR 84 SPD, next proj 1st result 85 OVR 88 SPD, thirdly proj 2nd 84 OVR 88 SPD. Hope this helps everyone a little.

Hey you seemed like you've simmed a few seasons...how is progession in general.

I just finished playing my first season (8 games simmed and yes I played 8 games in 2 days I am loving the gameplay)

I noticed after not training my players for weapons they get weapons by progression. Like the only players that gained a weapon was Mario Williams(Finesse move DE) and Andre Johnson gained spectacular catch.

I've noticed quite a few rookies come in with weapons. McFadden came in with elusive back, Limas Sweed came in with one of the receiving weapons I can't remember...

But I was just wondering if you've simmed quite a few seasons how is progression?

After one season it seems to me like it is based on performance and age. Mario had a good year for me(11 sacks, about 40 tackles and 36 TFL) and Demeco had a average year and he didn't progress as much as I'd thought he would. Because I was hoping he'd get Smart LB soon enough.

I hope it is by performance...
Old 08-15-2007, 01:21 AM   #5
R**k**

OVR: 2

I didn't sim madden just used the 2012 draft class in my madden 2007-8 season for experimental purposes. Basically wanted to see how McDuffie might look if I play all those seasons with him in NCAA. Didn't want a huge letdown when he makes the transition to pro ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 06:26 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

If there is a problem, post it in the bugs/glitches thread. Most people wouldn't notice these types of things, and don't want the game ruined by some of you who like to "test" the game rather than play it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »