Home

So I take it that I am the only member here that loves Madden

This is a discussion on So I take it that I am the only member here that loves Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:04 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: So I take it that I am the only member here that loves Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFootBall1977
I never said I hated APF... 2k5 was my favorite football game ever...but in terms of upgrade apf did not do anything that we did not see in 2k5 but lost the license and made the graphics worst

but people bash madden for this and that but apf has major flaws as well...

if people were not blinded by the rain and the gang tackles then they would see that playing defense in that game is impossilbe

it is far from user friendly...and you say that dont blame apf for madden bashing... well i am not.. but then tell them to not use apf as reference to bash madden.. see how it works both ways
1) APF is not NFL2K5 and in your post you bashed the graphics, the gameplay and the controls so pardon me for thinking you don't like the game. You clearly love it based on that.

2) People will compare games but i think its silly to say that APF passing is so easy is why people bash Madden. Its a slam to APF (again) and also if the guys has 120K in sales i doubt its the reason why 2M users would complain about Madden.

3) APF does have flaws and they are posted over and over and over again by the Madden crowd. Hell, you have mentioned 4-5 on this page alone that you don't like.

4) Funny in a Madden love thread, you are focused on bashing APF and not for the reasons you love Madden

I came to this thread to see reasons why people love the game since i am on the fence about it but instead its a whine and bash thread. Seriously, Madden will sell like 30-40 times more than APF, APF probably won't even have another version and still the Madden crowd freaks out over a game they thinks sucks.

Based on this thread, i would think you only like Madden because its not APF. Maybe post the reason you actually love Madden instead.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:20 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
1) APF is not NFL2K5 and in your post you bashed the graphics, the gameplay and the controls so pardon me for thinking you don't like the game. You clearly love it based on that.

2) People will compare games but i think its silly to say that APF passing is so easy is why people bash Madden. Its a slam to APF (again) and also if the guys has 120K in sales i doubt its the reason why 2M users would complain about Madden.

3) APF does have flaws and they are posted over and over and over again by the Madden crowd. Hell, you have mentioned 4-5 on this page alone that you don't like.

4) Funny in a Madden love thread, you are focused on bashing APF and not for the reasons you love Madden

I came to this thread to see reasons why people love the game since i am on the fence about it but instead its a whine and bash thread. Seriously, Madden will sell like 30-40 times more than APF, APF probably won't even have another version and still the Madden crowd freaks out over a game they thinks sucks.

Based on this thread, i would think you only like Madden because its not APF. Maybe post the reason you actually love Madden instead.

I can tell that flaws in madden as well which are

1. no cpu challenges

2. no stat overaly

3. to many fumbles

4. cant edit positions

5. no real tv style presentation

6. all madden default is insanely hard and unrealistic..unlike last year

but you see... I dont hate APF... but I can call out the flaws in it... sure the gameplay is tight but it is not god like.... the run animations are still wack...

1. the db a.i is terrible

2. the players feel to robotic

3. Having to smash a button to speed up is arcadish

4. Having a 15 yard dive is unrealistic on defense

and this is just gameplay which is the only thing that matters to me

I have APF and I still play it but i cant choose it over madden this year

Madden to me has

1. Great x's and o's

2. Total player control on defense

3. I can actually bump my receiver with the RB button and then swat the ball

4. Gang tackles are not as dynamic as APF but they are nice and make the game flow and dynamic of the game flow better

5. I love that the mario running is gone.. I can push the lineman but not as good as APF but you can do it... I love how you feel like you are using LT and Bush in madden.. the control you have with those guys is amazing

6. I love the catch animations and the fact that player slip and fall on out routes or rainy games

7. I love the things you can do with hot routes... you can have your rb and fb stay in to block or release for a pass

8. I love how you can find mismatches and send the best receiver to the slot to play vs a nickel back

9. I love the fact that you can control all 32 teams and keep rosters up to date

To me Madden in terms of gameplay is excellent and the fact that the x's and o's aspect make it even a more complex game is the selling point

When I fire up APF on line or with friends is just a pick up and play game that looks great in motion and does wonderfull things but i dont feel i need a gameplan on apf.. i can just roll out and find corner routes all day or deep passes all day because i know that my friends cant cover that since they dont have control of their players like in madden

but the madden bashing is gone beyond repair... socks, nets, refs, hand towels,

in apf people dont start threads about petty things... here in madden they do and i think they do it because is something they are use to
Old 08-15-2007, 11:21 AM   #19
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I think it's great!

Best Madden ever, on the most powerful system.

Last edited by MaddenMan; 08-15-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:23 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

Yeah, I think it is easily the best Madden ever. I really like it, and I don't think the 30-60 difference is a nig deal so far with my PS3.

Also, as someone else said. No matter how good Madden or any other game is, people will always complain.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:25 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 10

giants guy...i do have to agree with you regarding APF defense...trying to use that hit stick to tackle someone hard is pure frustration. and the momentum of the defenders can be frustrating, too. so i do see what you are saying here. basically, it's just more difficult to play defense than offense.

regarding Madden, the player response IS real tight ie. when i want my CB to turn sharp, he does so immediately. some would say the APF momentum thing is more realistic, but that doesn't mean it's FUN, right?

once i get used to all the different pre snap things i can do with Madden AND once i memorize all the different player weapon icons, it should become even more fun. right now, after 2 games, i really am just winging it just to see the gameplay. but it's cool still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 11:27 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

I was critical of Madden at first, but after logging a few more hours on the sticks last night, my eyes were opened. I played as the Bears against the fudge Packers. I ended up winning 21-14. I felt in-control of the entire game. I really enjoyed it. Looks like my fiance is gonna have to find a hobby on the weekend
Old 08-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
giants guy...i do have to agree with you regarding APF defense...trying to use that hit stick to tackle someone hard is pure frustration. and the momentum of the defenders can be frustrating, too. so i do see what you are saying here. basically, it's just more difficult to play defense than offense.

regarding Madden, the player response IS real tight ie. when i want my CB to turn sharp, he does so immediately. some would say the APF momentum thing is more realistic, but that doesn't mean it's FUN, right?

once i get used to all the different pre snap things i can do with Madden AND once i memorize all the different player weapon icons, it should become even more fun. right now, after 2 games, i really am just winging it just to see the gameplay. but it's cool still.

the control you get in apf is terrible on defense... that game tries to sell you on their offense... and the momentum nonsense is crazy.... if i have a db who is getting toasted by a tight end and i cant keep up because my guy starts to swivel left and right like he is running on quick sand is terrible..

apf does great things and is solid game... but gameplay is more then nice looking tackles and great pass blocking.. those things are done automatically and not by the user... i feel that if i want to use a safety i have to drop back all the way back to just be there for the pass... call hot routes on offense and is easy to pick apart any defense... to me that is not great gameplay
Old 08-15-2007, 11:32 AM   #24
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Believe me man, you're not in the minority. The is the best playing Madden game in a loooooooong time. The key word is "playing". The gameplay of this year's madden is some of the most fun I've had since Nfl2k5.

Running game is unbelievable. The blocking mechanics have vastly improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »