Home

So I take it that I am the only member here that loves Madden

This is a discussion on So I take it that I am the only member here that loves Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:33 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: So I take it that I am the only member here that loves Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFootBall1977
I can tell that flaws in madden as well which are

When I fire up APF on line or with friends is just a pick up and play game that looks great in motion and does wonderfull things but i dont feel i need a gameplan on apf.. i can just roll out and find corner routes all day or deep passes all day because i know that my friends cant cover that since they dont have control of their players like in madden

but the madden bashing is gone beyond repair... socks, nets, refs, hand towels,

in apf people dont start threads about petty things... here in madden they do and i think they do it because is something they are use to

I think its because your talking about a much smaller group of people- 120K to a few million is a huge difference. I also think the APF people still playing are on average older than the madden crowd and really don't get so tied up in things like socks, shoes, towels etc.

I frankly wonder about all these APF/Madden threads anyway. APF has sold 120K but you would think it sold the same as Madden the way people talk about these games. Seriously, if they all love APF so much why the crappy sales or why did they buy Madden?

Anyway, thanks for the Madden list. I really am surprised a consensus on the turnovers cannot be formed. Some say tons and other say 1-2 a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I think its because your talking about a much smaller group of people- 120K to a few million is a huge difference. I also think the APF people still playing are on average older than the madden crowd and really don't get so tied up in things like socks, shoes, towels etc.

I frankly wonder about all these APF/Madden threads anyway. APF has sold 120K but you would think it sold the same as Madden the way people talk about these games. Seriously, if they all love APF so much why the crappy sales or why did they buy Madden?

Anyway, thanks for the Madden list. I really am surprised a consensus on the turnovers cannot be formed. Some say tons and other say 1-2 a game.

well the fumble issue i read on game informer that it will be patched soon.. not sure if it will but we shall see

I hope someone close to RAC or somebody in the community can reach out to ea about it

but with my new all madden sliders that i am working on the turnovers have fallen big time.... there are games where it will be high but more games then not will be realistic
Old 08-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1981
I was critical of Madden at first, but after logging a few more hours on the sticks last night, my eyes were opened. I played as the Bears against the fudge Packers. I ended up winning 21-14. I felt in-control of the entire game. I really enjoyed it. Looks like my fiance is gonna have to find a hobby on the weekend
I feel the same way. I got lucky and was able to pick up the game on friday, so i've played a good amount. My first game against the cpu, on pro difficulty, i was kind of overwhelmed with the speed of the game and all. Everything seemed to happen to fast, every pass i threw seemed to get picked off, and seemed like i couldn't find a running lane to save my life.

After playin a bunch of games, none of those things are true anymore. The game feels/plays very good IMHO.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Did you miss the impressions thread with well over 1000 posts where 90% of them are enjoying the game?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99digi
I feel the same way. I got lucky and was able to pick up the game on friday, so i've played a good amount. My first game against the cpu, on pro difficulty, i was kind of overwhelmed with the speed of the game and all. Everything seemed to happen to fast, every pass i threw seemed to get picked off, and seemed like i couldn't find a running lane to save my life.

After playin a bunch of games, none of those things are true anymore. The game feels/plays very good IMHO.

yea at first for me as well but that is because we were use to 30fps last year

60fps is the best and makes the game flow nicer... i love how i can bounce of a tackle and into a new move
Old 08-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 10

i also see folks complaining about every kickoff going into the end zone on Madden.

ok...simply raise the aiming arrow upwards a bit and the kickoff will go higher and not into the endzone. took me 1 time to adjust to get my kickoffs going to the 5 or 10 yard line now.

geesh.....ridiculous complaint IMO.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 14

I think it's a great game. I thought the past few years have been crap. I think people are just harder on MAdden because they expected so much or something. What did people expect though? This game has such awesome gameplay I have no idea what people want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 11:41 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68pj
Did you miss the impressions thread with well over 1000 posts where 90% of them are enjoying the game?

hmmm kind of hard when you log on and you see 15 diff threads about the same thing

I hate EA

I hate David Ortiz

I cant believe they got the socks wrong

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »