Home

So I take it that I am the only member here that loves Madden

This is a discussion on So I take it that I am the only member here that loves Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #41
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: So I take it that I am the only member here that loves Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
I've only played 2 games so far (after creating a Franchise using fantasy draft, which made me very happy to be able to do).

Anyway...regarding actual gameplay, i give the nod to 2k8 due to better gang tackling, crunching sounds of the tackles, passing technique, and all around animations during the gameplay. I just find it more interesting and fun during the actual gameplay. But I do prefer not having to tap A repeatedly to run.

Graphics go to Madden...stellar.
I mostly bought Madden for the various modes that 2k8 did not provide us offliners. Specifically, Franchise w/ Fantasy draft. And editable players this year.

So I'll be into Madden 08 on my 360 for awhile now. I may sim a few season games to get to the end of my first franchise year, but we'll see.

Both games have their high and low points but both are quality games in my opinion.
I've never understoond rooting against one or the other when we gamers could benefit from the competition and end up w/ 2 good games like this year.

Later....
Nice post. You can have fun with both games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFootBall1977
Well I enjoy the game a lot and feel it is a blast to play... I have been playing it since last Friday and still cant put it down

But it seems that all I see on this forum is negative post about the same thing or saying that APF is better and what not...

I guess i will give it a month or so before I post again and maybe just maybe the people who bash it will not be on the madden forum section and then we can talk football
I love it too! Been playing it pretty much non-stop since Friday night. I've even been going home on my lunch hour to get a game in.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #43
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I love it too! Been playing it pretty much non-stop since Friday night. I've even been going home on my lunch hour to get a game in.
lol! a dedicated Madden player
Old 08-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 14

That's the thing, I never understood rooting for one game or another either and that's not what I'm doing or a lot of people are doing. People just appreciate quality and the people that like this game do for the most part. I spent a decent amount of time with each football game this year and I loved All pro when it first came out. Same with NCAA. The people that are saying Madden has more of a tilt and a learning curve are absolutely right. People that just sit down and play this game and knock it without giving it time are missing out. It's the best game this year imo. Madden technically and gameplay wise is a step ahead of the competition imo. All these issues that people are complaining about I don't even see, because I learned how to play the game and gave it a fair chance like I gave every game this year. I know people won't believe me, but I am not a biased person at all. I have an opinion but it's pretty unbiased. Madden is king this year in my book.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

This has been the best video game football year EVAR.

I love NCAA and Madden.

I love the idea of APF, but just not the actual game.

I think I prefer NCAA better, by a squotch, but Madden plays very well and Franchise seems so very cool.

I hear ya Giants, MM has become rife with new members slamming NCAA, but more so now Madden. That's why since end of July beginning of this month, I stick mainly to Soap Box and Game Room.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #46
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

People who dislike or are disappointed in a game never get tired of publicly venting their displeasure. A lot of boards I visit, not necessarily just about sports games, have a dedicated "bitch" or "venom" thread so as not to have endless threads repeating the same thing. Any board that doesn't will have new threads popping up by the hour saying the same thing that 20 other threads have said.

I'm just hazarding a guess, but I would say that at least 1/3 of the people who buy any game will not like the game. Given the numbers Madden sells that is going to be a lot people who are going to be angry.

Madden of course has the added level of rancor levied against it by the presence of the living martyr APF. Here at OS the usual suspects are always lurking in the bushes to join a "discussion" on Madden even if its in another forum. It is what it is.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:11 PM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
People who dislike or are disappointed in a game never get tired of publicly venting their displeasure. A lot of boards I visit, not necessarily just about sports games, have a dedicated "bitch" or "venom" thread so as not to have endless threads repeating the same thing. Any board that doesn't will have new threads popping up by the hour saying the same thing that 20 other threads have said.

I'm just hazarding a guess, but I would say that at least 1/3 of the people who buy any game will not like the game. Given the numbers Madden sells that is going to be a lot people who are going to be angry.

Madden of course has the added level of rancor levied against it by the presence of the living martyr APF. Here at OS the usual suspects are always lurking in the bushes to join a "discussion" on Madden even if its in another forum. It is what it is.
Very well put. Couldn't have said it better myself.

That being said,I agree with the posters who say we're lucky because all 3 games are good this year. I am in that boat, I really like all 3 games this year, and my problem is finding enough time to get quality time with all 3.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

Wow, as bkrich said, this is so true, you really nailed it man!! Good job.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »