Home

CPU AI Passing: Initial Thoughts

This is a discussion on CPU AI Passing: Initial Thoughts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
CPU AI Passing: Initial Thoughts

My initial impression of CPU Passing is that it is complete garbage. I am playing with the Falcons D and D. Brees was 3-14 for 21 Yards and Jamie Martin was 6-11 for 54 yards. Both had a combined 3 picks. I won my first game 31-0. The CPU offense was not existent. I am by far not great at Madden Football. In years past I have been challenged by All-Pro difficulty with adjusted sliders. But my first game to win 31 nothing does not give me a bright future. On top of that I benched Vick and started Harrington. This is not good. Does anyone else have similar experiences?

I have the 360 version of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 11:57 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: CPU AI Passing: Initial Thoughts

I think the AI passing game is fine. I don't have numbers from other games but in a game right now I'm losing to JAX with MIA, 27-20. B. Leftwich is 14/22 for 147 Yds, TD, 0 Ints.

Looks good to me.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #3
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibis
My initial impression of CPU Passing is that it is complete garbage. I am playing with the Falcons D and D. Brees was 3-14 for 21 Yards and Jamie Martin was 6-11 for 54 yards. Both had a combined 3 picks. I won my first game 31-0. The CPU offense was not existent. I am by far not great at Madden Football. In years past I have been challenged by All-Pro difficulty with adjusted sliders. But my first game to win 31 nothing does not give me a bright future. On top of that I benched Vick and started Harrington. This is not good. Does anyone else have similar experiences?

I have the 360 version of the game.
Must have been a fluke, I have not seen any games like that at all.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

You definitely have to give it a real test. Do not judge AI after one game. I'd say you have to play a minimum of 5 games and probably 8-10 to get a real test of the AI.
Now what I'm about to say should be prefaced with "I don't own the game yet". But I HAVE OWNED EVERY MADDEN YEAR IN YEAR OUT....

Sliders do work... I noticed that the CPU accurachy slider actually affects the QB's decision making and speed of the pass. Raise it some and see if a) the ball gets to target quicker, thus less time for your defenders to make a play... and b) the decision making is better.

Also, if you're concerned, turn down the Human pass defense ... but honestly, I haven't played Madden next gen yet (I just bought a PS3 this year)... So I don't know if the sliders changed???
Old 08-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Matt Hasselbeck carved up my Chargers last night.

Sad thing, is like in real life, Antonio Cromartie blew a coverage in zone just like the Bengals game last year. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »