Home

SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360)

This is a discussion on SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360)

OK so the next game was a little high scoring, with the Panthers getting 41 and the Rams 38, but the offense for the panthers was anemic, only 206 yards. Foster had a 4.7 ypc and sjax had a 3.8

Game after that was even better! broncos @ bills, 124 total plays - 27 to 0 for the bills!
Highest YPC for the game was Henry with 3.6! total offense was 315 to 210...

so far through 4 games I am jacked up about this.. the only downside I;m seeing is that these super simmed games have way more TFL's than a regular sim or reall life do. The plus side to that is that whenever I actually play games my TFL's are always high so I usually have the top 5 guys in TFL's at the end of the year.

PS with all of these games I'm simming straigh thru to the end
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 10:20 PM   #42
Rookie

Ok so I'm through about half of week 1 and I'm realizing what an undertaking this is going to be - I'm going to break on it for tonight, but I intend to keep this season saved and do a few games at a time here and there. Hopefully, by the time the real preaseason is done I'll be through a real season of super simming and I'll have some overall numbers to post.

that way, by the time the roster update for the season is out we'll know if the "Super Sim Solution" (TM) really works.

I dunno guys, my initial opinion of this is that it is going to work and work well. It might not be perfect, but it will be light years beyond what the actual sim engine gives us....

Last edited by trey5; 08-16-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:51 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey5
Ok so I'm through about half of week 1 and I'm realizing what an undertaking this is going to be - I'm going to break on it for tonight, but I intend to keep this season saved and do a few games at a time here and there. Hopefully, by the time the real preaseason is done I'll be through a real season of super simming and I'll have some overall numbers to post.

that way, by the time the roster update for the season is out we'll know if the "Super Sim Solution" (TM) really works.

I dunno guys, my initial opinion of this is that it is going to work and work well. It might not be perfect, but it will be light years beyond what the actual sim engine gives us....
this is actually very good news, thanks for your work trey5
Old 08-16-2007, 11:13 PM   #44
Rookie

OK so I actually made it through the first week of my test season -

One pretty bad thing I've noticed:

So far, the teams are averaging about 122 plays from scrimmage, which is just about perfect. The problem is that they are averaging 362 ypg of offense, which is about 40 over last years average per game.

Now, I wouldn't toss out the idea of super sim based on this, because its only been one week. The YPG could taper off some (I HOPE...). Even still, I think dealing with an extra 40 ypg from the CPU offense is worth a more realistic output of stats overall.

I haven't delved too deeply into the other stats, because the sample size for individual numbers is too small... some good news is that there were 24 total INT's thrown by QBs in my first week, which comes out to a near perfect 1.5 a game.

I'd say we are still looking OK - we may have to make a few trade offs but I think this is going to be the way to go as far as sim engine workarounds this year...
Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

Keep up the good work. Next thing we need to figure out is whether sliders make a difference at all. I'll be more than happy to continue to help test things once I pick up the game after a wedding this weekend.

I don't mind doing some long-term testing as I probably won't even begin my franchise until the season starts because I'm currently 90 games into my Mets franchise on 2k7 (playing every game).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhennes
Keep up the good work. Next thing we need to figure out is whether sliders make a difference at all. I'll be more than happy to continue to help test things once I pick up the game after a wedding this weekend.

I don't mind doing some long-term testing as I probably won't even begin my franchise until the season starts because I'm currently 90 games into my Mets franchise on 2k7 (playing every game).
According to an earlier poster (Metal134) who had done some work with the super sim, the sliders have no affect whatsover. I have not tested this myself but have just started working as if what he said was true...
Old 08-17-2007, 12:04 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3
Exclamation Re: SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360)

I'm back from my work travels and have been able to test SuperSim-ing every game (except the Franchise games I play with the NYG). As discussed, I'm using 4 min. quarters for the SuperSim and 9 min. quarters for games I play.

I've only done one full week so far. Franchise Reg. Season, week one. (Not pre-season, because I feel those stats get strange because of halftime subbing.)

The results are the most accurate I have ever seen in the Madden series.

There may be a few discrepancies here and there, but overall I am very pleased. I even love the fact that PENALTIES between my Franchise team and the SuperSim teams are fairly close. (I'm using Playmaker's slider set for penalties, and modifying his base sliders to fit my playing style.)

Though time consuming, this is the way I will go this year. Perhaps even if a patch is coming to fix the 2x INTs during the normal "weekly sims," I still like the overall stats that I'm getting better with SuperSim.

- Ironz
Old 08-17-2007, 12:19 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

how do i go about doing supersim? im using XBOX maybe its not in this version?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »