Home

Presentation is horrible

This is a discussion on Presentation is horrible within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Presentation is horrible

This "on-the field" presentation crap is really hurting my gaming experience. The unfortunate part is that the gameplay is really great. I need some stat overlays of my players other than a commercial for under armour. That radio announcer needs to go!!!

Haterman34
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Presentation is horrible

Interesting and fitting name.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Homeslice's Arena

Yeah I don't mind the presentation that much, stat overlays would be nice but that's all I'm missing really.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I think I'm the only one, but I like the more on the field presentation, and I like the radio announcer. I think stat overlays would be nice, but like not having the typical two man tv team - I get tired of them and eventually switch to the "on he field" or "on the court" audio presentation on most, if not all, sports game. This guy is background sound, and I like that - he is barely louder than the PA guy.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Homeslice's Arena

I agree -- I never understood the hate with the radio announcer, I don't think he's that bad. Personally I could not STAND Madden and Co. announcing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #6
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

haterman, dude dont mind the person below you...anyway just to tell you i agree 100%. I was gonna make a thread about this but i felt like if i did i was going to be criticized and stuff. I am wondering what was EA thinking about the whole radio crap. As much as people are inlove with gameplay, presentation does help the game be a great experience. I was expecting some announcers and stuff instead of a dude who says one sentence per play and thats it. Its horrible and i think that EA really messed up on that one. Thats the only thing i think that the game is missing. Besides all that everything is great...just i really wish it had better presentation.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Presentation isn't horrible its just nonexistent

Dan Marino
Shannon Sharpe

Lem Barney
Elvin Bethea
Joey Browner

Clyde Simmons
Pete Metzelaars
Eugene Robinson
Terry McDaniel
Rob Moore
Alvin Harper
Old 08-15-2007, 06:31 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrost32
haterman, dude dont mind the person below you...anyway just to tell you i agree 100%. I was gonna make a thread about this but i felt like if i did i was going to be criticized and stuff. I am wondering what was EA thinking about the whole radio crap. As much as people are inlove with gameplay, presentation does help the game be a great experience. I was expecting some announcers and stuff instead of a dude who says one sentence per play and thats it. Its horrible and i think that EA really messed up on that one. Thats the only thing i think that the game is missing. Besides all that everything is great...just i really wish it had better presentation.
Hey. He should mind me. That was rude.

Seriously, presentation is the games only major flaw other than that its tweaking. But again, are you surprised? We knew about the radio guy for months. We knew about the ref's and the chain gangs etc. This is not a news flash and has been discussed ad nauseum. If you like the game as most people have said, sit down and enjoy it for what it is. EA's already said they're going to focus on presentation next year which is the right decision. The game could be really pretty but if no one wanted to play it what would be the point in investing in the presentation to the degree that it would take to satisfy the majority.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »