Home

Too many TO's? Practice.

This is a discussion on Too many TO's? Practice. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
Too many TO's? Practice.

I just wanted to make a little post giving some encouragement to those that are having issues with too many TO's. I am speaking only of my experience online as I have not played too much offline, but in the games where I did it was relevant there as well.

I believe that the passing game in Madden this year is somewhat of a different beast. In year's past, if you had a receiver open, you would just zip the ball in there to him, completion, yards gained, next play. This year there is a lot more to it than that. Every defender is on the top of there game to make a play so you have to take special care in passing the ball. You have to wedge your passes in and Max passing is as importnt as ever. The difference of not putting it in the right spot is often the difference in an int and a completion. Turnovers are a large part of football and they fuel the game the majority of the time. One must make special care, not just to gain yards, but to be cautious and not turn the ball over. This means, checking down instead of trying to squeeze the ball over a strafing CB eager for the pick. My problem initially was that I played just like any other Madden and I was getting huge TO numbers. Since my newfound outlook, I've had between 0 and 2 TO's per game.

The same can be said of the rushing game. Cover the ball and try to avoid taking big hits. Minimize special moves that are for the sake of being special moves, and not within the flow of the play. Cover the ball in traffic. Run out of bounds instead of trying to spin back in for that extra yard.

I claim to be no madden genius but I have been having decent success in the turnover department so I hope this helps at least one person to improve themselves and to enjoy the game a little more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: Too many TO's? Practice.

It's not me that's turning the ball over, it's the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »