Home

The same Defensive play for an entire game

This is a discussion on The same Defensive play for an entire game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:26 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: The same Defensive play for an entire game

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Children, didn't your parents teach you not to assume? You certainly don't want to make asses out of yourselves.

If you have a question just ask.
Or you could have been intelligent enough to include the team you were using and the level, hey, your call though.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 AM   #10
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Children, didn't your parents teach you not to assume? You certainly don't want to make asses out of yourselves.

If you have a question just ask.
Ok, I'll give it go:

What difficulty?
What Slider settings?

I'll play a game as the Raiders against the Jets (calling nothing but the 4-3 Free Fire play) and I'll see how their offense performs.

I'm extremely skeptical of your claim because I play on All-Madden and have had very little success using that particular blitz play. But I'll try calling it all game and I'll see if it can be exploited in that manner.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 08-16-2007 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:35 AM   #11
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugblast
Or you could have been intelligent enough to include the team you were using and the level, hey, your call though.
No need for that. I think he was just trying to make a point.

It's a video game. Certain plays almost always work. They are referred to as "money plays". Thats why I play all of my games online against a human opponent.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 01:20 AM   #12
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Well I gave it a shot on All-Madden with adjusted sliders (most notably pass protection set to 0 for the CPU).

I only played the first half of two seperate games, but I saw enough to satisfy my curiosity.

Half 1 against the Jets offense was ugly. Without the safety help Pennington was able to eat-up my DB's and they were also able to run the ball effectively because that particular blitz left holes in my run-D.

Half 1 against the Redskins ended and Campbell had thrown two picks and threw a lot of inaccurate passes off of his back-foot; Portis had a solid half though.

What I took from this: That blitz play sucks against most running plays up the middle (All-Madden setting), and it appears the QB with a fairly high AWR was able to take advantage of the fact that my DB's were alone on an island all half, while the QB with a fairly low AWR rating struggled when faced with constant pressure...Seemed about right to me
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 08-16-2007 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:37 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
I have played 2 games back to back using only ONE play on Defense and in both games the CPU struggled mightily. This should not happen.

Try it and see what happens. Regardless of the set that the CPU comes out in, just run 4-3 Free Fire
I used to call just one defensive play in MAdden 6.. i would call that 8 man blitz, i forgot the name, But it always worked on anything lol. It was so cheeesy
Old 08-16-2007, 08:51 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Kenny
I used to call just one defensive play in MAdden 6.. i would call that 8 man blitz, i forgot the name, But it always worked on anything lol. It was so cheeesy
my father uses the engage eight alot also.
i just usually audible to any passing play and no matter what its a completion because, everybody rushes and only leaves 3 deep defenders in a zone. everything from 5-15 yds is wide open.
only time i get sacked is if i dont audible to a short route and have to wait for my receiver to get down field.
that play sucks.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:43 AM   #15
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Thanks to those who responded like adults and to those who actually understood the point I was trying to make.

I thought the blitz was getting to the QB way too fast and wanted to see if Vick could evade it because he is so fast. Then, as it turned out, no matter what they did the defense worked. Especially bad was the fact that even if Vick did get the ball off, it was batted down (it seemed like 80% of the time).

I didn't like this at all.

I have never used just 1 defense for an entire game so I thought this was an interesting find and wanted to see what others thought.

I started the experiment on Pro and then moved up to All Pro.

Save for a few big plays here and there, this defense alone worked against every set the CPU tried to run from, 2 wides, 4 wides, 5 wides, it didn't matter.

I used the following combinations:

Saints against Falcons
Bears against Falcons
Rams against Falcons
Patriots against Bucs
Bengals against Patriots

I didn't know this happened in the past but it looks like some of you already knew this. It was a big surprise to me, and not a good one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #16
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

:y4: @ The typcial "Must be playin on rookie" responses

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »