Home

Abolish Online Ranked Games

This is a discussion on Abolish Online Ranked Games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:37 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Abolish Online Ranked Games

Those people aren't really competitive; they're immature. I hate losing, but I won't quit (I have quit before when my opponent was glitching in some aspect such as kickoff glitch or d-line glitch - that's just not fun).

Rather than getting rid of ranked games, there should be an effort to de-cheesify them.

I'm all for disallowing someone to play an online game for an hour or 2 if they disconnect, even if it is by accident.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:03 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Abolishing Ranked Online Games ain't gonna happen. Yeah it's a shame people will do what ever it takes to improve their Ranking, but that's the nature of the beast.

Some solutions are:

Don't play Ranked Games

Only play people on your Friends List

After the game, give them negative feedback & if you game on the 360 make sure after giving feedback, select "AVOID PLAYER", so you won't get matched-up with that person again.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:22 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 21

Glad everyone except 1 person managed to remain civil. Debate is good as long as our heads remain cool.

If you take the records/rankings out of the equation, the NEED to win at all costs is eliminated.
You dont lose your goal for playing the game. You play the game to win and to have fun. Because thats not tracked online does not take away from that. It only takes away from those who feel the need to see a high ranking posted beside their name.

Besides the ranking is meaningless anyhow. Back in 2000 when i played awhole lot of Madden on the PC I got as far as ranked 43. However from the many games I lost I KNEW there were ALOT of guys out there that could hand me my azz in this game.

The joy comes from winning a hard game against a good player, not from the meaningless ranking system.

P.S. BK agreed with something I posted, I dang near passed out when I read that, LOL.
See, Pittbulls and Rottweilers can get along.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 02:28 PM   #36
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

I like having ranked games cause without them, I would never be pissed off!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #37
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Best post Tomb, personally, I can see both sides of the arguement, but if you missed my post about a person using a freeze glitch in an UNRANKED game then you realize that it is out of control. Tomb said it best, even if you get ranked 43, YOU GET NOTHING!!! I realized this along time ago when I was playing Tekken 3 and practiced for hours on end to "be the best" lol. It was only then that I realized that you don't receive a prize for being good at these games. Yes I want to be good, but my enjoyment is the ultimate goal while playing Madden. I guess I could see the other side of it as younger gamers have less on their mind than just playing games though. Also, Tomb is correct in that even at a 43 ranking, there are still many people who can hand you your a** at will and I believe online gaming has opened many gamers eyes to this fact.

Heh, this is kinda off topic, but I work in a game store and remember when online kinda hit the console gaming masses with Halo 2 (it was really the game that pushed console gamers online) and people coming in saying "no one can beat me, anywhere" and a few months later coming back saying "I suck" and "people are just too good" lol...

peace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »