Home

EA focused more on "The Ring" feature and "Trophies" then on the important things

This is a discussion on EA focused more on "The Ring" feature and "Trophies" then on the important things within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: EA focused more on "The Ring" feature and "Trophies" then on the important things

You are right on bro. This stupid **** like ring builder and trophies...who the **** cares? I want the game to be better...the real game, not some coin colletor paradise.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #10
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: EA focused more on "The Ring" feature and "Trophies" then on the important things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphsundin
You are right on bro. This stupid **** like ring builder and trophies...who the **** cares? I want the game to be better...the real game, not some coin colletor paradise.
I am just sooo sick of being jerked around by these clowns at EA.

They put out all these producer blogs and crap, and just disappoint us all over again. Then when you look at all the crap that comes w/ ring builder and trophies you get even more pissed because you know of all these other flaws, and bugs and glitches that have been there for 2, 3, 4 game cycles.

It's freaking ridiculous!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 16

No competition is good for the industry. Or so says EA. I remember the first words that came out of their mouth after buying the NFL license was how it was actually a good thing for football gaming because it would allow them to do so much more. Yeah...so much more fluff and sitting on their ***. What sucks is that all they needed to do was fix a few things and this game would be fantastic. I can't help but look at stupid features like these and wonder what could have been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 06:39 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

The rings and trophies are made for kids. Lets face it, the diehard football nut isn't the target audience for EA. They want a broader and larger market to sell more games. 12 year old kids don't care about DB AI or fluid blocking, diehard football nuts like us do.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:46 PM   #13
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
The rings and trophies are made for kids. Lets face it, the diehard football nut isn't the target audience for EA. They want a broader and larger market to sell more games. 12 year old kids don't care about DB AI or fluid blocking, diehard football nuts like us do.
I know this to be true...It just really pisses me off.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:50 PM   #14
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Anyone know when there exclusivity license is up?
Old 08-16-2007, 06:55 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 8

I have to say I totally agree with this because I went into that trophy/ring section in the menu and was like "wow, they obviously spent some time on designing this part." I mean the feature as a whole does nothing for me but you could just tell they worked on it, made it look fancy, and actually spent soem time into thinking about how it would all look, all the different stuff with the rings, etc. It's really almost like the whole ring/trophy section of the menu is a different game entirely.

And I wish EA would realize that things like this are what ticks people off the most. I mean yes a feature like that would be appreciated by people at some point, but how about first putting field goal nets, the chain gang, on field referrees, etc. into the game FIRST? Like others have said, it's pretty obvious they cater to the people who like bright shiny things, and not the people who appreciate the little things.

It doesn't overly bother me personally, because in the end it's just a game. And honestly I like the PC version WAY better than the 360 version, which is why I put it on craigslist last night. It has all those little things the 360 version doesn't. But I get the frustration people show in the sense that they can clearly put a lot of time into a tacked on feature that doesn't do anything to improve the game of football and how it's presented.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #16
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
I have to say I totally agree with this because I went into that trophy/ring section in the menu and was like "wow, they obviously spent some time on designing this part." I mean the feature as a whole does nothing for me but you could just tell they worked on it, made it look fancy, and actually spent soem time into thinking about how it would all look, all the different stuff with the rings, etc. It's really almost like the whole ring/trophy section of the menu is a different game entirely.

And I wish EA would realize that things like this are what ticks people off the most. I mean yes a feature like that would be appreciated by people at some point, but how about first putting field goal nets, the chain gang, on field referrees, etc. into the game FIRST? Like others have said, it's pretty obvious they cater to the people who like bright shiny things, and not the people who appreciate the little things.

It doesn't overly bother me personally, because in the end it's just a game. And honestly I like the PC version WAY better than the 360 version, which is why I put it on craigslist last night. It has all those little things the 360 version doesn't. But I get the frustration people show in the sense that they can clearly put a lot of time into a tacked on feature that doesn't do anything to improve the game of football and how it's presented.

does the computer version have accel. clock? btw does it have ps2/xbox graphics? 360 graphics? or is it somewhere in between?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »