Home

Fumbilitis is Killing me!

This is a discussion on Fumbilitis is Killing me! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Fumbilitis is Killing me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briman123
MLB 2k7 was really a great improvement though and was playable for me but honestly the homeruns were just crazy in the game, I think it's comparable to the INT/Fumble problem really.

Wrong. You could correct the home runs with sliders. You seemingly cannot correct the fumbles.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #50

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

It's sporadic for me. I have played 10 games with an average of 1.7 fumbles per game for me and less than 1 for the CPU.

I did have one game however where Gore fumbled the ball 5 times. Not sure what we can attribute it to but there is no pattern for me,
Old 08-17-2007, 05:33 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 6

To the poster a couple posts up:

Exactly, in MLB 2k7 you could get CLOSE to a good baseball sim with the right sliders but it wasn't perfect.

No matter what you do with sliders in this game you are still going to have int / fumble problems. I wouldn't mind the problem if 1) they had a fumble slider and 2) the int slider actually did something useful.

This is something that could be patched but likely won't (they still haven't done anything to NCAA though it isn't as big as Madden so you neverk know)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 05:41 PM   #52
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

You mean hasn't even come out and said anything about this problem?
Old 08-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #53
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
I agree..as harsh as it's put i have a hard time believing that this would get by testers (unless they are 5 year olds!) I'm thinking they knew it and figured they would patch it after release instead of delaying the cash cow.

Sadly, I think this is the case with most if not all of the major bugs that crop up in these games( by all publishers). They know that most of their customers will just grit their teeth and bear it, and even if it ends up being a game killer, the majority of their customers will completely forgive them and buy the game again next year. It might be legal, and a smart business move, but it sure is unethical as hell.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

Is there any way to turn the fumbling down? I'm a huge madden fan but it's not fun playing when you're scared to run the ball!!... I got both games madden 08 and ncaa 08 and as much as I love the NFL, the college game is better to me...especially the franchise/dynasty part.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 4

You know, I could really deal with some of the abundance of fumbles it every one didn't result in a defensive TD.

EVERY game i get down by at least 10 points from the start because inevitably my guy will fumble the opening kickoff, they run it in for a score. I get the ball back, 2-3 plays later another fumble and they almost run it back and I hold them for 3.

This is not just fumbles. 80% of TO's in the games I've played resulted in a TD.

Funny though, everyone is complaining about how much the CPU fumbles and especially throws picks, but I rarely see either in the games I play. I think in the 8 games or so I've played the CPU has maybe thrown 3 picks. Weird.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #56
Rookie

racoon007's Arena

OVR: 2

guys I have been playing this game since it came out and have been playing on pro level. I admit that I did not understand what the concern was about because the turnovers in all my games were reasonable (1-4 a game). last night i tried to play on all-pro and saw what you were all talking about. 12 turnovers!!!!! I think that all-pro is broken and pro is the way to go with proper slider adjustments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »