Home

Franchise Salary Cap?

This is a discussion on Franchise Salary Cap? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2007, 01:22 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Franchise Salary Cap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by {}*tHe{:}Slider{:}gOd*{}
well true but I was under the impression that the cpu teams caps raise to meaning they can sign more high priced player also?
In Madden, if player x gets a 6 year/$50 million contract in 2008, the problem is that in 2012, player y (with comperable stats) will still receive a 6 year/$50 million contract. There is no salary inflation.

What should happen in this scenario is player y should receive a 6 year/$65 or 70 million contract because the salary cap has increased (just making this up) $15-20 million from 2008 to 2012. As this happens, players salaries should inflate.

Never happens in Madden, still on next gen.

If you IR a player, somehow they never count against your salary cap. ????
While IMO Madden is a great video game franchise... some things do really make me scratch my head about the game.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:23 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
Since the concept is beyond the guys at EA, I think their best option would be to just keep a hard salary cap at the same level for every year instead of increasing it.
Yes!!! If you are not going to have salaries inflate... there is no need at all to inflate the salary cap. I mean, this is really very basic economics we're talking about here!! Amazing EA!
Old 08-18-2007, 01:25 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankyTime
Yes!!! If you are not going to have salaries inflate... there is no need at all to inflate the salary cap. I mean, this is really very basic economics we're talking about here!! Amazing EA!
They can't even count interceptions correctly, why would they be able to do financials?

I'd personally love to see them hire one of the guys who builds text sims. They have the financial systems down to a science are very realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 03:19 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I read somewhere in another thread that other factors such as Coach, Team prestige, etc. play a major part in FA signing this year. Obviously, monetary offers will probably still be #1, but hopefully some of these other factors will help prevent us from signing any FA we want.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:41 AM   #13
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
I don't see the logical reasoning behind increasing player salaries just because the cap rises. To me that the purpose of the cap rising is to be able to sign more high contract players instead of paying them more. Come on In the real NFL the highest paid isn't over 12-14 Million.
Depends on whether you mean how much they count against the cap or how much they actually make. The highest against the cap I found was Tom Brady at a cheap condo shy of $14 mil. But Richard Seymour pulled in $24 mil and somehow only counted $9 mil against the cap. Not sure how that works. Got it from this website:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/footb...aspx?year=2006
Old 08-18-2007, 10:32 AM   #14
Rookie

fmrodog's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I don't see the logical reasoning behind increasing player salaries just because the cap rises. To me that the purpose of the cap rising is to be able to sign more high contract players instead of paying them more. Come on In the real NFL the highest paid isn't over 12-14 Million.
I understand what your saying but if you don't do this your going to have huge cap spae by later years. I just feel that we have to compensate for what EA lacks to put in the game. If you release a player and the computer picks him up they have to pay the over inflated price also. I kinda like that, hopefully it works over time.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
But Richard Seymour pulled in $24 mil and somehow only counted $9 mil against the cap. Not sure how that works. Got it from this website:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/footb...aspx?year=2006
It's because bonuses are prorated over the length of the contract. So the cap value is the current year's base salary + the current years proration of the signing/roster bonus.

Some of these contracts include a two part signing bonus... one payable at the signing of the contract and the second part payable the following season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 03:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Don't want to derail, but maybe some of you franchise guys should try Front Office Football 2007. http://www.solecismic.com/fof/index.php

That's where I go for my franchise fix, and franchise was the really reason I played Madden back in the day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »