Home

F***** Turnovers

This is a discussion on F***** Turnovers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: F***** Turnovers

There is definately a problem with the turnovers from both the CPU and the Human. I'm not ranting because I'm the only one having problems with turnovers, its the CPU turning the ball over 3+ for TD's or extremely good feild possition were I'm able to kick a feild goal jacking up the score in my favor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #26
MVP

My problem isn't me throwing the int's. I know when i make a bad pass but it gets boring when the cpu throw 3-4 a game and they are returned for td's. LIke sometimes i'll play and cpu will throw 3 in the first half and then none the rest of the game. But by then it's to late for them to come back. So yeah my problem is the dumb qb's oh and does the computer ever challenge a play or a booth review. The will have the ground clearly cause a fumble and the cpu will not challenge to keep the ball.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:38 PM   #27
Pro

There's a difference between strategy and being cheated. And this game is cheating you, period.

There are way, way too many fumbles. And YES I use the "cover ball" button and I rarely ever, if at all use the highlight stick moves or spin. To have to get to the point where you're almost afraid to hand off because you think the ball is going to pop-out every single time is insulting and sad.

And of course the whole INT thing is ridiculous, it's been gone over a million times. Look, I don't mind throwing an INT when I make a clearly stupid throw right into a CB or LB's midsection. It's a bad throw and I accept that. But when I make a pass to a WR that has a step or two on the DB and he all of a sudden gains 99 speed and superhuman catching skills when the ball is 2 yards away from its destination, it goes way, way beyond "fair" and "strategy." And of course add-in the times when all of a sudden a MLB has the jumping abilities of Randy Moss, even when I'm trying to lob the ball over his head.

It just seems like EVERY SINGLE YEAR, there is something in these games that makes them near unplayable for people who are trying to TRULY have a realistic experience. It doesn't seem like it's ever going to be possible for any of these games to truly have a balanced experience. And to a point, I can almost understand it. There are a lot of variables at play when it comes to a sports game, and it seems like in all of them, something screws up the gameplay.

I think Madden and NCAA have pretty much ruined me on console sports games, I can't imagine myself buying one ever again. I've been burned too often, too many hopes of finding that perfect balance when it's obviously never gonna happen. And it's never going to happen for the basic premise that it would be pointless for EA Sports (or any company for that matter) to make the perfect sports games. There are ALWAYS going to be things neglected, always things that screw it up. Why make another one if you make the perfect version? MVP Baseball 2005 for PC pretty much proves this point, as that's about as perfect of a sports game as I've ever played, all people need to do is keep updating the rosters/uniforms/stadiums to keep it current.

Anyway, they'll both be up on E-bay in the next week or so, I'm done with them. I'll play PC sports games since they can be updated by the community to fix a lot of issues. It's a shame, because I've played sports games since, well forever. But I'm too old now to be able to put with and tolerate the problems. One more customer lost, but I know it's no big deal because there are 10 more behind me lining up.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:38 PM   #28
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Locking this because of the innapropriate language use and the trolling going on in this thread, although there were some very thoughtful responses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »