Home

I truly believe that the new roster update fixed the fumble issues

This is a discussion on I truly believe that the new roster update fixed the fumble issues within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2007, 02:05 PM   #49
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: I truly believe that the new roster update fixed the fumble issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I see anywhere from 1 to 3 turn overs a game. Every once in a while I will have a game with 4 or so. Last game there were 3 total turn overs. 1 int by the cpu, 1 int by me and 1 fumble by me. Never said I went 3-5 games with zero turnovers.
OK Heel. Please post your sliders. I'd like to check them out. I'm not finding a problem with INTs, but I'm still seeing too many forced fumbles per game. I'm currently using tweaked All-Pro sliders. Aren't you using Pro sliders? I really don't care what level I play on as long as the game is realistic, the forced fumbles are reduced, the CPU runs with effectiveness, and teams play to their level (ex. playing against higher rated teams should be harder than against lower rated teams). I'm basically refraining from using the hitstick because I think it causes too many fumbles.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #50
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
lets not. They are gone for some. Play on the right level with right slider tweaks and they are normal.

Exactly! I combined Jays' Realism gameplay sliders, NJPapi's penalty sliders, and Squint/TJ's sub in/out sliders and then made a few tweaks of my own to them and the game plays wonderfully now. Turnovers are realistic. I no longer pick off the CPU 5 times in the first half with another 3 or so in the second half and the CPU no longer fumbles the ball 3-5 times a game on top of all that. My fumbles and interceptions that I throw myself also only happen when I do something wrong. It's all good now for me. But I guess they still need to patch the game for online play though. I hadn't thought a thing about not being able to use adjusted sliders online until someone in another thread reminded me of the fact. No big deal for me, I don't play online that much anyway, at least not this game, but the people who do need some help though.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
OK Heel. Please post your sliders. I'd like to check them out. I'm not finding a problem with INTs, but I'm still seeing too many forced fumbles per game. I'm currently using tweaked All-Pro sliders. Aren't you using Pro sliders? I really don't care what level I play on as long as the game is realistic, the forced fumbles are reduced, the CPU runs with effectiveness, and teams play to their level (ex. playing against higher rated teams should be harder than against lower rated teams). I'm basically refraining from using the hitstick because I think it causes too many fumbles.
If you are looking for teams to play to their ratings just click on my sig and try out my new All pro sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm playing Panthers vs Vikings right now. The past 3 drives on 1st down that I've had the ball and ran it, fumble and the Vikings recovered the ball.

The int's I could give a damn about, if you throw the ball without even looking who is down field it'll be picked off but thease fumbles are unacceptable.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:18 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I will try and get them up tonight when I get home. I need to play one more game. I am at work now. My last game I beat the Rams 27-24 with Carolina and it was a great game. Hit a game winning FG with 30 seconds left. Bulger threw for 250, Jackson ran for 100. Can't remember anything else except there were 3 total turnovers (2 ints', 1 fumble).
Old 08-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #54
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by {}*tHe{:}Slider{:}gOd*{}
If you are looking for teams to play to their ratings just click on my sig and try out my new All pro sliders.
Sure, why not. I used your sliders in NCAA as a base (at least I think it was you under a different name), and got the game to play to my liking for the most part. However, the problem that I have with Madden are the forced fumbles... and it seems as if your having the same problem. I think I can tweak the game to play to my liking, but my biggest problem is with curbing these damn forced fumbles. If not for this HUGE issue, I think this is best Madden ever.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:29 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 8

I just had 7 fumbles in a game (sunny weather.) I have the roster update. I don't think it fixed the fumbling problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #56
Rookie

scourge's Arena

OVR: 3

Seriously, what are you guys doing? I rarely ever get fumbles. If I do its on a kickoff return or something where I forget to hold the cover ball button.

I think the big thing is I hardly, if ever, use the highlight stick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »